View of the village of Kyrksæterøra
Heim within Trøndelag
|Established||1 Jan 2020|
|• Mayor (2020)||Odd Jarle Svanem (Sp)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|ISO 3166 code||NO-5055|
|Official language form||Neutral |
|Preceded by||Halsa, Hemne, Snillfjord in 2020|
Heim is a municipality in Trøndelag county, Norway. It was established on 1 January 2020 upon the merger of three other municipalities. It is located in the traditional district of Fosen. The administrative centre of the municipality is the village of Kyrksæterøra. Other villages in Heim include Ytre Snillfjord, Heim, Hellandsjøen, Holla, Vinjeøra, Liabøen, Todalen, Halsanaustan, Valsøyfjord, Engan, Hjellnes, and Valsøybotnen.
The municipality was established on 1 January 2020 upon the merger of the neighboring municipalities of Hemne and Halsa as well as the Ytre Snillfjord area in the municipality of Snillfjord. The area in the municipality of Halsa left Møre og Romsdal county and switched to Trøndelag county when the merger occurred.
The parish of Heim was established in 1884. It is named after the old Heim farm (Old Norse: Heimr), since the first Heim Church was built on its ground. The name is identical with the word heimr which means "home", "homestead", or "farm".
Coat of arms
The coat of arms for Heim was designed and granted in 2019. It is a blue shield with a white ornamental design in the centre. The design was chosen to symbolize many different things. The blue background refers to air, water, and the sea. The white design is reminiscent of boats, fjords, seeds, and church spires, all of which are a part of the culture of the municipality.
|Parish (sokn)||Church Name||Location of the Church||Year Built|
All municipalities in Norway, including Heim, are responsible for primary education (through 10th grade), outpatient health services, senior citizen services, unemployment and other social services, zoning, economic development, and municipal roads. The municipality is governed by a municipal council of elected representatives, which in turn elects a mayor. The municipality falls under the Sør-Trøndelag District Court and the Frostating Court of Appeal.
|Party Name (in Norwegian)||Number of|
|Labour Party (Arbeiderpartiet)||10|
|Progress Party (Fremskrittspartiet)||1|
|Conservative Party (Høyre)||3|
|Christian Democratic Party (Kristelig Folkeparti)||1|
|Centre Party (Senterpartiet)||10|
|Halsa List (Halsalista)||3|
|Heim List (Heimlista)||3|
|Total number of members:||31|
- "Navn på steder og personer: Innbyggjarnamn" (in Norwegian). Språkrådet.
- "Forskrift om målvedtak i kommunar og fylkeskommunar" (in Norwegian). Lovdata.no.
- "Ny kommune - Halsa, Snillfjord og Hemne" (in Norwegian). Hemne kommune. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "Endringer i kommunestrukturen". Prop. 96 S (2016-2017), Innst. 386 S (2016-2017) (in Norwegian). Stortinget. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- Rygh, Oluf (1901). Norske gaardnavne: Søndre Trondhjems amt (in Norwegian) (14 ed.). Kristiania, Norge: W. C. Fabritius & sønners bogtrikkeri. p. 85.
- Solli, Tor Helge. "Slik blir kommunevåpenet til nykommunen". Tidens krav (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2019-12-29.
- Hansen, Tore, ed. (2016-05-12). "kommunestyre". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- "Tall for Norge: Kommunestyrevalg 2019 - Trøndelag". Valg Direktoratet. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- Official website (in Norwegian)