|Full name||Heiner Mora Mora|
|Date of birth||June 20, 1984|
|Place of birth||Guácimo, Costa Rica|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Right back / Right wingback|
|1999–2005||Santos de Guápiles|
|2005–2007||Santos de Guápiles||43||(1)|
|2010–2011||Santos de Guápiles||7||(0)|
|2011||→ Saprissa (loan)||14||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 January 2014.
Heiner Mora began his career with Santos de Guápiles. He was a regular starter at rightback for the club before moving to rivals Brujas in 2007. After being seldom used by Brujas, Mora moved to CF Universidad de Costa Rica and recaptured his previous form. In 2009 he returned to Brujas and became an instant starter for the club. The following season he rejoined Santos de Guápiles and his form drew the attention of top Costa Rican side Saprissa who signed Mora on loan in early 2011. He is rumored to join the Seattle Sounders FC.
Mora has been playing for Norwegian side Hønefoss since 2012. Due to multiple issues, including an inhospitable climate, language barriers, inflexible regulations for immigrants and being separated from his family, he has expressed that he will leave and go back to Costa Rica on May 31, even if it means retiring from professional soccer.
Mora has played for Costa Rica since 2010. He started all three matches for Costa Rica in the 2011 Copa America and played in the 2011 Gold Cup. Mora missed the 2014 World Cup due to injury and was replaced by David Myrie.
- Scores and results list. Costa Rica's goal tally first.
|1||5 June 2011||Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, United States||Cuba||4–0||5–0||2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
- Brujas es el que mueve el mercado del futbol - Nación (Spanish)
- 27-year-old Costa Rican right back Heiner Mora to the Seattle Sounders FC?
- El lateral Heiner Mora fue vendido al Honefoss BK de Noruega - Nación (Spanish)
- Heiner Mora desperate to leave Norway, considering committing suicide
- "Heiner Mora firmó con Belén por un año" (in Spanish). Al Día. 20 August 2013.
- Saprissa contará con Gabriel Badilla, Heiner Mora y Alexánder Robinson ante Uruguay - Al Día (Spanish)
- Heiner Mora se lesiona y dice adiós al Mundial; Dave Myrie lo sustituye - Nación (Spanish)
- Heiner Mora: un lateral que creció entre papayas - Nación (Spanish)
- Heiner Mora profile at Soccerway