Heinke van der Merwe
|Birth name||Hendrik Schalk van der Merwe|
|Date of birth||3 May 1985|
|Place of birth||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||113 kg (17 st 11 lb)|
|School||Hoërskool Monument, Krugersdorp|
|University||University of Johannesburg|
|Occupation(s)||Professional rugby union footballer|
|Rugby union career|
Heinke van der Merwe (born 3 May 1985 in Johannesburg, South Africa) is a professional South African rugby union player. His first tour with the Springboks was to France, Italy, Ireland & England in late 2009 where he played in one test and two touring matches.
In November 2012, van der Merwe was called up to the South African squad for their European tour, due to injury cover.
He joined Stade Francais for the 2013/14 season.
- Test debut: 24 November 2007 vs Wales in Cardiff aged 22
- Last test: 18 July 2015 vs Australia in Brisbane aged 30
- Total tests: 5
- Tour matches: 3
- Total Springbok matches: 4
- Win ratio: 4–1–0
- Wales & England, 2007
- France, Italy, Ireland & England, 2009
- Ireland, Scotland & England, 2012
- Rugby Championship 2015
- SA Under-19 Player of the Season, 2004
- Heineken Cup with Leinster - 2011, 2012
- Pro 12 League winner with Leinster - 2013
- French Top 14 winner with Stade Français - 2015
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Heinke van der Merwe". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- Lions Profile
|This South Africa rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|