Heinrich Baron von Behr
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Heinrich Baron von Behr|
|Born||26 June 1902|
|Died||14 August 1983(aged 81)|
|Allegiance|| Nazi Germany
|Commands held||90th Light Infantry Division
5th Armoured Division (Bundeswehr)
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Heinrich von Behr (26 June [O.S. 13 June] 1902 – 14 August 1983) was a German general during World War II. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany. Behr surrendered to the British troops in April 1945 and was held until 1947. He later served in the Bundeswehr of West Germany, retiring in 1962 at the rank of a general.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (20 April 1940) & 1st Class (24 June 1940)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (19 September 1962)
- Thomas 1997, p. 37.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 109.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 76.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2299-6.
Generalleutnant Gerhard von Schwerin
|Commander of 90. Panzer-Grenadier-Division
1 April 1945 - 28 April 1945
|Commander of 5. Panzer-Division (Bundeswehr)
1 October 1956 – 7 December 1959
Generalmajor Günther Pape