He studied natural sciences in Berlin, receiving his habilitation in 1845. Afterwards he became an associate professor of mineralogy and geology at the University of Marburg, and in 1854 a full professor at the University of Halle. In 1863/64 he was rector at the university.
- Geognostische Untersuchungen in der norddeutschen Tiefebene (Geognostic investigations in the North German Plain); magazine, (1845).
- Ueber Erdbeben und Vulkane (On earthquakes and volcanos), (1845).
- Geologische Wanderungen (Geological excursions), (1855).
- Handbuch der Mineralogie (Textbook of mineralogy), (1862).
- Grundlagen der Bodenkunde für Land- und Forstwirte (Fundamentals of soil science for farmers and foresters), 1868).
- Catalogus-professorum-halensis (translated biography)
|This article about a German scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|