|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||12 August 1895|
|Died||19 November 1977(aged 82)|
|Commands held||268th Infantry Division
362nd Infantry Division
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Heinz Greiner (12 August 1895 – 19 November 1977) was a German general in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany.
During Operation Barbarossa Greiner reached divisional level command. The division was destroyed in the Soviet Operation Bagration in the summer of 1944, along with much of Army Group Centre. Greiner was transferred to Italy where he took command of the 362nd Infantry Division.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (4 December 1914) & 1st Class (25 November 1918)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (4 October 1939) & 1st Class (20 October 1939)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1997, p. 220.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 168.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 74.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2299-6.
Generalleutnant Erich Straube
|Commander of 268th Infantry Division
6 January 1942 – November 1943
|Commander of 362nd Infantry Division
November 1943 – 1 January 1945
Generalmajor Max Reinwald