Heinz Strunk at the Berlinale 2019
17 May 1962
|Occupation||Writer, actor, musician|
Heinz Strunk, legal name Mathias Halfpape (born 17 May 1962 in Hamburg) is a German entertainer, author, actor, musician and member of comedy trio Studio Braun. Strunk’s comedy ranges from goofy prank calls to biting political and cultural satire, often involving music. Strunk plays the saxophone, flute, accordion and keyboards.
Strunk has released three audio albums with Studio Braun containing prank phone calls. An example of such calls include Strunk calling a coal merchant to order coke, where he means cocaine but the coal merchant understands coke fuel. In another call, Strunk phones a resident of rural Saxony, an area known for a strong regional accent, to offer him free elocution lessons to “correct” his Saxon accent. Strunk claims to represent a fictional charity for Hamburg residents to “help” Saxony.
In 2003 Studio Braun released the song Komputerfreak, which takes a serious look at the washed-up lives and addictive/compulsive personalities of those who spend large amounts of time using computers.
In 2004 Strunk’s comic novel Fleisch ist mein Gemüse (Meat is my vegetable) was published, based on his own youth as a musician in various small-time bands in the 1980s. The film of the book was released in 2008, directed by Christian Görlitz and filmed in and around Hamburg. In 2010 the novel was adapted into a stage play.
The writer and actor has an alter ego called Jürgen Dose. His works often deal with social outcasts and the bleakness of everyday life.
Strunk is a member of the German satirical political party Die PARTEI (“The PARTY”).
In 2016 Strunk’s highly praised novel Der goldene Handschuh (The Golden Glove) was published. The bestseller tells the story of the German serial killer Fritz Honka. Strunk won the Wilhelm Raabe Literature Prize and was nominated for the Leipzig Book Fair Prize. German director Fatih Akin acquired the film rights to make a movie based on Der goldene Handschuh. The eponymous film was released in 2019 and received mixed critical reviews.
- 2004: Fleisch ist mein Gemüse
- 2008: Die Zunge Europas
- 2009: Fleckenteufel
- 2011: Heinz Strunk in Afrika
- 2013: Junge rettet Freund aus Teich
- 2014: Das Strunk-Prinzip
- 2016: Der goldene Handschuh
- 2017: Jürgen
- 2018: Das Teemännchen
- 1999: Derby – Fußball ist kein Wunschkonzert (short film)
- 2007: Immer nie am Meer
- 2007: Zeit (short film)
- 2008: Fleisch ist mein Gemüse
- 2011: Trittschall im Kriechkeller – Die neue Schwester (short film)
- 2012: Fraktus
- 2013: Banklady
- 2014: Mord mit Aussicht (TV, 1 episode)
- 2015: Drei Eier im Glas
- 2017: Jürgen – Heute wird gelebt (TV film)
- 2019: Der goldene Handschuh (cameo)
- 2003-04: Fleischmann TV (host)
- Since 2013: extra 3 (commentator)
- 2016: Herr Strunk, Herr Schulz und das Jahr 2016 (host)
Albums with Studio Braun
- 1999: Gespräche 1
- 2000: Gespräche 2
- 2001: Jeans Gags
- 2002: Fear of a Gag Planet
- 2004: Ein Kessel Braunes
- 2012: Braunes Gold
Albums with Fraktus
- 2012: Millenium Edition
- 2015: Welcome to the Internet
- 2005: Phoenix – Wem gehört das Licht
- 2010: Fleisch ist mein Gemüse: Eine Landjugend mit Musik
- 2017: Der goldene Handschuh
|This article about a German musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|