This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Heitor Teixeira Pereira|
|Also known as||Heitor TP|
|Born||November 29, 1960|
Rio Grande, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
|Genres||Pop rock, film score, soul|
|Associated acts||Ivan Lins|
Heitor Teixeira Pereira (Portuguese pronunciation: [ejˈtoɾ tejˈʃejɾɐ peˈɾejɾɐ]) (born November 29, 1960), or Heitor TP, is a Brazilian composer, who played with Simply Red and several famous musicians, like Elton John, Rod Stewart, k.d. lang and Jack Johnson; and is currently working as a film music composer at Hans Zimmer's studio. Although primarily a guitarist, he also provided backing vocals live for the Simply Red song "Thrill Me".
In 1994, he released a solo album in the UK called Heitor TP, which featured guest appearance from Mick Hucknall on the track "Manchester". Heitor left Simply Red to concentrate on his solo career. He played guitar and composed additional music for soundtracks like Gladiator, Mission: Impossible 2, The Road to El Dorado, I Am Sam, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron and Madagascar.
In 2003, Pereira contributed the song "Remember Me" for the soundtrack for Something's Gotta Give.
In 2011, he played guitar on the soundtrack of the film, Cowboys & Aliens.
Simon J. Smith
|Warner Bros. Pictures
Warner Animation Group
|Minions 2||Kyle Balda||Universal Pictures
- "Albums". Heitor Pereira. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "Heitor Pereira to Score 'Angry Birds' Movie". Film Music Reporter. 28 August 2015.
- "Heitor Pereira to Score 'The Nut Job 2'". Film Music Reporter. 25 May 2016.
- "Heitor Pereira to Score Raja Gosnell's 'Show Dogs'". Film Music Reporter. Film Music Reporter. 12 January 2018. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- "Heitor Pereira to Score Animated 'Playmobil' Movie". Film Music Reporter. 21 June 2017.
- "Heitor Pereira to Return for 'The Angry Birds Movie 2'". Film Music Reporter. 21 August 2018.