Helen Cox High School
|Helen Cox High School|
|2200 Lapalco Boulevard, Harvey, Louisiana|
|Motto||Maturity, Responsibility, and Self-Discipline|
|School district||Jefferson Parish Public Schools|
|Color(s)||Scarlet (Red), (Vegas) Gold|
|Mascot||"Charlie" the cougar|
|Song||Hail to Thee Dear Helen Cox|
|Vision||"To provide high levels of teaching that enable all students to become life-long learners and productive citizens"|
The school is a part of the Jefferson Parish Public Schools system. The school primarily serves the Harvey and Gretna areas of Jefferson Parish. The school's mascot is "Charlie" the Cougar (felis concolor), and the school colors are scarlet (red) and (vegas) gold.
Helen Cox's namesake was the first principal of the Gretna Public High School. It was first opened in 1969. Helen Cox was once a middle school (6th-8th grade), then became a junior high school (7th-9th grade) and in 2004 Helen Cox became a high school (9th-12th grade).
- Greg Monroe - NBA player
- "Harvey CDP, Louisiana." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 23, 2009.
- "High School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish Louisiana" (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Harvey CDP, LA" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "Map" (Archive). City of Gretna. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Timberlane CDP, LA" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Woodmere CDP, LA" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
|This Louisiana school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|