|Born||25 August 1962|
Woman FIDE Master
|Peak rating||2138 (July 1999)|
Helen Milligan (born Helen Scott; 25 August 1962) is a Scottish-New Zealand chess player holding the FIDE titles of Candidate Master (CM) and Woman FIDE Master (WFM), and three-time Asian senior women's champion.
Milligan represented Scotland in eleven Women's Chess Olympiads between 1982 and 2006. Since 2008 she has played for New Zealand in this competition, having transferred national federations in 2007.
Milligan became Oceania women's champion at the Queenstown Chess Classic tournament in January 2012. She also competed in Women's Zonal Chess Championships in Bath 1987, Blackpool 1990, Delden 1993, Saint Vincent 1999, and Gold Coast 2009.
- Diane Savereide vs Helen Milligan, Thessaloniki Olympiad (women) 1988, Russian Game: Classical, (C42), 0-1
- Helen Milligan vs Dana Reizniece, European Team Ch (women) 2001, Sicilian Defence: Old Sicilian, (B32), 1-0
- Subbaraman Meenakshi vs Helen Milligan, Gibraltar Masters 2004, Queen's Indian Defence, (E12), 0-1
- Helen Milligan vs Anthony Ker, Queenstown Classic 2012, Pirc Defense: Classical Variation, (B08), 1-0
- Helen Milligan FIDE rating history, 1983-2001 at OlimpBase.org
- Chandler, Murray; Milligan, Helen (2004). Chess for Children. Gambit Publications. ISBN 978-1904600060.
- "The pulsation of Delta Scuti stars". St Andrews University Library.
- Scottish Women's Champions. Chess Scotland.
- British Chess Champions. BritBase.
- Helen Milligan team chess record at Olimpbase.org
- Player transfers in 2007. FIDE.
- 2012 Queenstown Chess Classic Archived 4 February 2013 at the Wayback Machine. New Zealand Chess.
- "Mahmood & Khan Wins 6th Asian Seniors Chess Championship in Larestan,Iran". Asian Chess Federation. 2015-10-04.
- Priyadarshan Banjan (2015-12-09). "Wazeer Ahmad Khan is Asian 65+ Champion". ChessBase India.
- "GM Eugene Torre, IM Mahmood Lodhi Win Asian Seniors". FIDE. 18 October 2017. Retrieved 22 October 2017.