Helen Smith (psychologist)
Helen Smith is a forensic psychologist in Knoxville, Tennessee, who specializes in violent children and adults. She holds a Ph.D from the University of Tennessee and master's degrees from The New School for Social Research and the City University of New York. She has written The Scarred Heart: Understanding and Identifying Kids Who Kill, and was writer and executive producer of Six, a documentary about the murder of a family in Tennessee by teens from Kentucky. The film highlights the inadequacies of the school, mental health and criminal justice systems in preventive treatment of troubled teens. More recently, Smith wrote Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream - and Why It Matters.
Smith hosts a regular program on a far-right news site, PJ Media, where she discusses social issues and psychology, with a particular emphasis on the problems and experiences of men. She has written widely on issues relating to violence, mental health, and the criminal justice system. Among her articles is "Violence on Campus: Practical Recommendations for Legal Educators," published in the Oklahoma City Law Review. After the Jonesboro, Arkansas school shootings, she testified before the Arkansas State Legislature regarding responses to school violence.
Since September 2005, she has been writing her own blog, Dr. Helen. Smith discusses feminism, homosexuality, liberalism, race, gun rights, and abortion from a far-right vantage point.
- Callisto Publishing, 2000; ISBN 0-615-11223-4
- "SIX Home".
- Encounter Publishing, 2013; ISBN 1-594-03675-6
- "Dr. Helen - PJ Media".
- "Violent Kids Information Site: Articles on Violent Children".
- "Violence on Campus: Practical Recommendations for Legal Educators", Oklahoma City Law Review.
- "Violent Kids Information Site - School Killings: Prevention and Response".
- "Dr. Helen: Conservatives: Don't Play into Alinsky's Hands".
- "Dr. Helen: If You're Gay--You Better Stay that Way".
- "Dr. Helen".
- "Dr. Helen: No Gun, No Chance".
- "Dr. Helen: "Isn't Two Decades of a Man's Life Worth Nine Months of a Woman's?"".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Helen Smith (psychologist).|