Helge Holden, Oslo 2012
28 September 1956|
|Institutions||Norwegian University of Science and Technology|
|Alma mater||University of Oslo|
|Doctoral advisor||Raphael Høegh-Krohn|
He took the dr.philos. degree at the University of Oslo in 1985. The title of his dissertation with Raphael Høegh-Krohn was Point Interactions and the Short-Range Expansion. A Solvable Model in Quantum Mechanics and Its Approximation. He was appointed professor at the Norwegian Institute of Technology (now: the Norwegian University of Science and Technology ) in 1991. His research interests are Differential equations, mathematical physics (in particular hyperbolic conservation laws and completely integrable systems), Stochastic analysis, and flow in porous media.
Awards and honors
In 2013 he became a fellow of the American Mathematical Society, for "contributions to partial differential equations". He was elected as a fellow of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics in 2017, "for contributions to nonlinear partial differential equations and related fields, to research administration, and to the dissemination of mathematics".
- Henriksen, Petter, ed. (2007). "Helge Holden". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 29 October 2009.
- "Gruppe 1: Matematiske fag" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters. Retrieved 28 October 2009.
- "Medlemmer: HOLDEN, Helge" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- 2014 Class of the Fellows of the AMS, American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-11-04.
- SIAM Fellows: Class of 2017, retrieved 2017-04-25.
- Official website
- Helge Holden at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of publications by Helge Holden in CRIStin
|This article about a Norwegian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a European mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|