This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
16 October 1962 |
|Alma mater||Norwegian School of Economics
|Salary||GBP £1.5 million (basic salary, 2014), up to £14 million (with bonuses)|
He started his career as a management consultant for McKinsey & Company and as political adviser for the Conservative Party in the Norwegian parliament Stortinget, before starting work for Hafslund Nycomed in 1993. In 1997-8 he was vice president in Nycomed Pharma before starting work in Aker RGI in 1999 as vice president before becoming CEO for Aker Kværner in 2002. After Olav Fjell withdrew as CEO of Statoil in 2004, Lund took over and was retained after Statoil merged with the oil & gas division of Norsk Hydro in 2007 to create StatoilHydro.
On 1 December 2014, in response to pressure from shareholders, BG Group reduced a £12 million share award golden hello for Lund to between £4.7 million to £10.6 million, depending on the company's future performance. His basic salary will be £1.5 million, but with bonuses, total compensation could reach £14 million per annum.
Following the takeover of BG Group by Royal Dutch Shell, Lund was out of a job, but did receive a total of £5.5 million for his 11 months work, and £9.7 million in shares in February 2016, as a result of the takeover.
He is married to Else-Cathrine Lund.
- Helge Lund in Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian)
- "Lund blir toppsjef i britiske BG" [Lund to join top management team of British BG]. dn.no. Dagenss Næringsliv. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Helge Lund starts as BG Group Chief Executive". bg-group.com. BG Group. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Williams, Selina (1 December 2014). "BG Group Reduces Helge Lund's CEO Pay Package". WSJ. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Rankin, Jennifer (1 December 2014). "BG Group cuts Helge Lund's 'golden hello' after shareholder pressure". The Guardian. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Jill Treanor. "BG chief paid £5.5m for nine-month stint at firm | Business". The Guardian. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- Williams, Selina (2016-06-09). "Schlumberger Appoints Former BG, Statoil Boss to Board". WSJ.com. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "Schlumberger Says Helge Lund Joins As Director, Not CEO | Exploration & Production". Epmag.com. 2016-06-10. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- Bjørheim, Camilla (21 August 2010). "Helge Lund uncertain about Statoil's green future". Aftenbladet. Retrieved 3 April 2015.