Helisul Linhas Aéreas
|Parent company||TAM Regional|
|Key people||Eloy Biesuz
On October 5, 1972, Tropical Táxi Aéreo was founded in Foz do Iguaçu. It was a subsidiary of Tropical Hotéis, a company part of the same holding that owned Varig. This was later by Eloy Biesuz and the name changed to Helisul Táxi Aéreo Ltda.
As part of its growing activities, Helisul Taxi Aéreo founded on May 16, 1994 Helisul Linhas Aéreas, as a charter airline operating regular flights and with operations concentrated at Curitiba-Bacacheri Airport linking Curitiba to other cities in Paraná state. On January 1, 1995 its license was updated to one of a regional carrier.
On July 1, 1996 Helisul was sold to TAM Airlines and it began operating feeder services to TAM. Later, in December of the same year, as Brasil Central Linhas Aéreas was rebranded as TAM-Meridional, Helisul was also rebranded as TAM Express and received the entire Caravan fleet of Brasil Central to operate its former network. In 1998 it was completely incorporated by TAM.
Helisul served the following cities:
- Campo Mourão
- Cascavel – Adalberto Mendes da Silva Airport
- Chapecó – Serafin Enoss Bertaso Airport
- Concórdia – Olavo Cecco Rigon Airport
- Curitiba – Bacacheri Airport
- Francisco Beltrão – Paulo Abdala Airport
- Guarapuava – Tancredo Thomas de Faria Airport
- Joaçaba – Santa Terezinha Airport
- Pato Branco – Juvenal Loureiro Cardoso Airport
- São Miguel do Oeste – Hélio Wasum Airport
- São Paulo – Congonhas Airport
|Aircraft||Total||Years of operation||Notes|
|Embraer EMB 110 Bandeirante||4||1994-1996|
|Cessna 208 Caravan||38||1996-1998|
Airline affinity program
Helisul did not have an airline affinity program.
Accidents and incidents
- 13 September 1996: an Embraer EMB 110 Bandeirante registration PT-WAV operating a cargo flight from Porto Alegre to Joinville collided with a hill and crashed during final approach to land at Joinville. The crew of two died.
- "Apresentação e histórico" (in Portuguese). Helisul Táxi Aéreo. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "História da Helisul" (in Portuguese). Helisul Táxi Aéreo. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "Helisul (Brasil)" (in Portuguese). Aviação Brasil. Archived from the original on December 25, 2010. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "TAM Express (Brasil)" (in Portuguese). Aviação Brasil. Archived from the original on January 1, 2013. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "Accident description PT-WAV". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
|This article related to an airline based in Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|