|Headquarters||New York, New York|
|United States, Canada|
Helix Sleep is a privately held, U.S.-based, e-commerce company that sells individually personalized, custom-made mattresses. The company is headquartered in New York City. There is one showroom located in the Flatiron neighborhood, in Manhattan, where consumers are invited to discuss and test their personalized design. Mattresses are manufactured in the US. The company ships product to the United States and Canada.
Helix Sleep was founded by Adam Tishman, Kristian Von Rickenbach, and Jerry Lin in 2015. The co-founders met at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School MBA program. They bonded over the transition of moving to a new city and the struggles of buying a new mattress. They discovered that the mattress industry was broken and they wanted to fix it. On August 4, 2015, the e-commerce website was launched. Prior to the launch, the company raised $800,000 in investment from angel investors.
The company expanded its delivery service to reach customers in Canada in January 2016.
Helix Sleep announced that it had raise $7.35 million in Series A funding in August 2016. Investors included Double J Capital, Great Oaks VC, Simon Venture Group, WIT, Jonathan Klein, and Jess Itzler.
Helix Sleep uses its users personal data to create a $900 custom mattress. The company gives customers a questionnaire to learn about their height and weight, how they sleep, and how firm their mattresses usually are. It then uses that data to create the mattress. Mattresses are made from latex, microcoils, and foam. Helix Sleep also sells a split mattress that customizes the side of the bed for a different type of sleeper.[failed verification]
- Kramer, Scott (22 October 2015). "Helix Sleep: A Comforting Way to Order Beds Online". Forbes. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- Goble, Andrew (28 November 2015). "The Bespoke Mattress of the Future Is Here (And It's Really Damn Cozy)". GQ. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Interview with Adam Tishman, Co-Founder at Helix Sleep". Mattress Clarity. 2015-09-27. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- "A new startup Helix Sleep will build a mattress customized for both you and your partner for under $1,000". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-06-13.
- "A new startup Helix Sleep will build a mattress customized for both you and your partner for under $1,000". Business Insider. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- Sleep, Helix. "Personalized Custom Mattress | Helix Sleep". www.helixsleep.com. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- "Helix Sleep raises $7.4 million to sell made-to-order mattresses online – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-06-13.
- "Helix Sleep Uses Your Personal Data To Create A $900 Custom Mattress | Fast Company". Fast Company. 2015-08-04. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- "Helix Sleep Uses Your Personal Data To Create A $900 Custom Mattress". Fast Company. 2015-08-04. Retrieved 2018-06-13.
|This article about an online company of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|