Hell's Kitchen (UK series 4)
|Hell's Kitchen (UK series 4)|
|Genre||Reality television show|
|Presented by||Claudia Winkleman|
|Running time||Usually 60 minutes (Inc advertisements)|
|Original release||13 – 27 April 2009|
Angus Deayton did not return to present the show. The reason given for Deayton's dismissal was because he was involved in a series of disputes with head chef Marco Pierre White. Pierre White has discussed the reasons for his disagreements with Deayton, he commented that "His humour was forced, and negative. I would be working hard and he would be making jibes at where I came from and my name".
Marco Pierre White returns as Head Chef/teacher for the second series running. He particularly stated in the first episode that he was "the only chef to return".
- Adrian Edmondson, an English actor, comedian, director and writer.
- Anthea Turner, an English journalist, television presenter and media personality, most famous for presenting Blue Peter.
- Bruce Grobbelaar, a former Rhodesian-Zimbabwean-British football goalkeeper.
- Danielle Lineker (née Bux), a Welsh model (and Gary Lineker's wife).
- Grant Bovey, Anthea Turner's husband and a businessman.
- Jody Latham, an actor best known for his work on Channel 4 show Shameless.
- Linda Evans, a Golden Globe-winning and Emmy nominated American actress from the 1980s ABC soap opera Dynasty.
- Niomi McLean-Daley (Ms. Dynamite), a double Brit Award and three time MOBO Awards winning R&B, UK garage, and hip hop singer and rapper.
Unlike in past series, this year there is only one kitchen being used in the show.
In another change from previous series, White decides at the end of each night's service who will be a waiter in the next night's service, based on the celebrities' performances in the kitchen that night. Below is a chart showing the waiters for each night's service:
|Episode||Episode 1||Episode 2||Episode 3||Episode 4|
In previous series the viewers have decided who is eliminated from the show. This year, head chef Marco Pierre White decides who is eliminated, until there are four left. The viewers decide who wins out of the top four.
- The Winner
- The Runner-Up
- Third Place
- Eliminated By Marco
- Eliminated By Public
|1||Linda Evans||Winner (Day 15)|
|2||Adrian Edmondson||Runner-Up (Day 15)|
|3||Danielle Lineker||Third Place (Day 13)|
|4||Niomi McLean-Daley||Eliminated (Day 12)|
|5||Anthea Turner||Eliminated (Day 11)|
|6||Bruce Grobbelaar||Quit (Day 10)|
|7||Grant Bovey||Eliminated (Day 9)|
|8||Jody Latham||Eliminated (Day 7)|
- The first sacking was supposed to be on day 6 but White decided that Jody deserved 24 hours to redeem himself.
- Due to an outstanding performance Grobbelaar had immunity from being fired on day 9.
- In a post-show interview, Evans revealed that she chose to participate in Hell's Kitchen in preference to "I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! (2008)".
|Show||Original Air Date||Overnight Ratings||Audience Share||Peak||Official ratings||Source|
|Episode 1||April 13||5.03m||20.9%||—||—|||
|Episode 2||April 15||2.47m||10%||—||—|||
|Episode 3||April 16||3.54m||15%||—||—|||
|Episode 4||April 17||3.92m||17.8%||—||—|||
|Episode 5||April 18||4.68m||21.8%||—||—|||
|Episode 6||April 19||4.46m||19.5%||—||—|||
|Episode 7||April 20||4.48m||18.6%||—||—|||
|Episode 8||April 21||3.58m||15.3%||—||—|||
|Episode 9||April 22||3.18m||13.3%||—||—|||
|Episode 10||April 23||4.08m||18.2%||—||—|||
|Episode 11||April 24||4.03m||17.9%||—||—|||
|Episode 12||April 25||4.67m||20.9%||—||—|||
|Episode 13||April 26||3.56m||14.7%||—||—|||
|Episode 14||April 27||3.38m||14.9%||—||—|||
|Episode 15||April 27||5.15m||21.3%||—||—|||
"—" denotes where information currently unavailable
Average: 4.014 million viewers / 17.34% viewer share
- [dead link]
- Angus Deayton axed from Hell's Kitchen after Marco Pierre White row | Mail Online. Dailymail.co.uk (2009-02-22). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – Deayton 'axed' from 'Hell's Kitchen'. Digital Spy (2009-02-22). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – White lifts lid on 'Hell's Kitchen' feud. Digital Spy (2009-04-12). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – Winkleman to present new 'Hell's Kitchen'. Digital Spy (2009-03-23). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- Reality | Hell's Kitchen | Daily news | New series, new presenter – ITV Entertainment. Itv.com (2009-03-24). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – Hell's Kitchen: Meet The Contestants. Digital Spy (2009-04-09). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – New 'Hell's Kitchen' attracts 5m. Digital Spy (2009-04-14). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – 'Hell's Kitchen' loses half its audience. Digital Spy (2009-04-16). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – 'Katie & Peter: Stateside' pulls in 1.3m. Digital Spy (2009-04-17). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – 'Hell's Kitchen' wins Friday night ratings. Digital Spy (2009-04-20). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – 'Talent' climbs to 11.9 million. Digital Spy (2009-04-20). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – Theroux's 'Paedophiles' attracts 2.4m. Digital Spy (2009-04-20). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – 'Ashes To Ashes' return draws 7m. Digital Spy (2009-04-21). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – 318,000 tune in for 'Prison Break' return. Digital Spy (2009-04-22). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – 'Apprentice' holds steady audience. Digital Spy (2009-04-23). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – 4.1m watch Anthea Turner exit 'Hell'. Digital Spy (2009-04-24). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – New 'Dexter' draws 194,000 for FX. Digital Spy (2009-04-27). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – 'Talent' appeals to 12.2 million. Digital Spy (2009-04-27). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – Bafta TV Awards audience down 1.3m. Digital Spy (2009-04-27). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.
- TV – News – 5.2m watch Evans win 'Hell's Kitchen'. Digital Spy (2009-04-28). Retrieved on 2010-12-01.