Hell Chose Me
|Hell Chose Me|
|Studio album by Carnifex|
|Released||February 16, 2010|
|Recorded||November 2009 at Castle Ultimate Studios, Oakland, California|
|Producer||Zack Ohren, Carnifex|
|Singles from Hell Chose Me|
The band started writing and recording the album Hell Chose Me in 2009. Upon its release, the album received positive reception and acclaim for its musical styling, structure, and concepts. Carnifex maintained that this was due to having more time during the writing and recording process than their previous albums.
On January 5, the band uploaded the first single from Hell Chose Me. They began streaming the entire album to the public on February 10, 2010, less than 6 days before they released it.
On May 28, 2010, the band embarked on a European Tour with supporting acts Veil of Maya and Suffokate beginning in Bochum, Germany and ending on June 19, 2010 at the Summerblast Festival in Trier, Germany. The tour included shows in Spain, France, UK, the Netherlands, Sweden, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Italy and Switzerland. The tour was presented by Avocado Booking. An error occurred in the production of tour posters when the words "Hell Choose Me" appeared rather than "Hell Chose Me". Despite the error, it remained the official poster all the way through the tour.
This section does not cite any sources. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Once Hell Chose Me was released, the album cover depicting a reincarnated priest bearing an inverted cross on his chest and holding a cornucopia of goat heads in hand generated controversy[vague] and was taken to offense by some religious groups and protesters[vague]. The cover had its display censored at many music retailers before a purchase of the album was made.
All lyrics written by Scott Lewis; all music composed by Carnifex.
|1.||"Hell Chose Me"||3:32|
|4.||"Names Mean Nothing"||2:59|
|7.||"The Scope of Obsession"||2:56|
|8.||"By Darkness Enslaved"||3:40|
|9.||"The Liar's Funeral"||3:03|
|iTunes and vinyl edition bonus tracks|
|11.||"Angel of Death" (Slayer cover)||4:46|
- Scott Lewis - vocals
- Ryan Gudmunds - guitars
- Cory Arford - guitars
- Fred Calderon - bass
- Shawn Cameron - drums
- Produced by Carnifex and Zack Ohren
- Engineering, tracking, mixing and mastering by Zack Ohren
- Mastered by Alan Douches at West West Side Music
- Artwork and cover design by Brent Elliott White
|US Independent Albums (Billboard)||27|
|US Top Hard Rock Albums (Billboard)||22|
|US Heatseekers Albums (Billboard)||4|
- Colgan, Chris. Carnifex: Hell Chose Me popmatters.com. 2010-05-04.
- Hell Chose Me The Interlude
- "Carnifex (CA) 2009 Featured Interview With Scott Lewis". Hardtimes. Archived from the original on 5 January 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- "Carnifex Chart History (Independent Albums)". Billboard.
- "Carnifex Chart History (Top Hard Rock Albums)". Billboard.
- "Carnifex Chart History (Heatseekers Albums)". Billboard.