Hellboy II: The Golden Army
|This is an old revision of this page, as edited by Steve at 21:08, 6 July 2008 (Reverted 1 edit by 126.96.36.199; This cannot be verified; the film is not yet out.). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .|
|Hellboy II: The Golden Army|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Guillermo del Toro|
Guillermo del Toro
Guillermo del Toro
|Music by||Danny Elfman|
|Edited by||Bernat Vilaplana|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|July 11, 2008|
Hellboy II: The Golden Army is a 2008 film directed by Guillermo del Toro. The film is a sequel to 2004's Hellboy, also directed by del Toro. Hellboy II: The Golden Army is written by Guillermo del Toro and Mike Mignola. Universal Pictures finances and distributes the film, which has a target release date for July 11, 2008. The Film is Rated PG-13 for sequences of Sci-fi action and violence and some language.
The mythical world starts a rebellion against humanity in order to rule the Earth, so as Hellboy and his team returns they must save the world from the rebellious creatures. Now, as the creatures who inhabit the spiritual realm gear-up for an all out attack on the human plane, the only one capable of saving the Earth is a tough-talking hellspawn rejected by both worlds.
|Selma Blair||Liz Sherman|
|Doug Jones||Abe Sapien|
The Angel of Death
|Jeffrey Tambor||Tom Manning|
|John Hurt||Trevor Bruttenholm|
|Luke Goss||Prince Nuada|
|Anna Walton||Princess Nuala|
|John Alexander||Johann Kraus |
|Seth MacFarlane||Johann Kraus (voice)|
|Roy Dotrice||King Balor|
Map Shop Owner
In May 2004, the sequel to Hellboy entered development at Revolution Studios with the first film's writer-director Guillermo del Toro returning with producers Lawrence Gordon, Mike Richardson, and Lloyd Levin. The comic book creator of Hellboy, Mike Mignola, was reported to develop a story with del Toro for the sequel, with actor Ron Perlman to reprise the role of Hellboy. The following September, del Toro expressed interest in making Hellboy into a trilogy with Mignola, with the first sequel slated for a 2006 release.
In August 2006, with Hellboy II being orphaned by the now-defunct Revolution Studios, the studio Universal Pictures acquired the project to be slotted for a summer 2008 release. Production was slated to begin in April 2007 in Budapest and London. del Toro, who had been in negotiations to film Halo, instead chose to stay with Hellboy II for "artistic and personal reasons." In October 2006, del Toro shared his plan to recreate the classic versions of Frankenstein, Dracula and The Wolf Man. The director also reiterated plans for a third Hellboy to create a trilogy.
With the success of del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth, the director was able to fast-track production of the sequel to Hellboy. Guillermo del Toro began filming Hellboy II in June 2007 in Budapest and concluded in December 2007. The official trailer for Hellboy II was available from Thursday, December 20th.
In February 2007, Mignola described the story he had developed with del Toro as one that focused on folklore and fairy tales, rather than the more pulp elements of the first film.
|“||It's not Nazis, machines and mad scientists but the old gods and characters who have been kind of shoved out of our world. I kind of equate it to the whole American Indian situation. The Indians were shoved onto reservations. You had your old, wise Indians who said, "You know, this is the way it is. We can't fight anymore. We just have to accept our fate." You then have your Geronimo character saying, "Or we could just kill the White Man." That's kind of the situation we have in the film. We have our elf characters resigning to the way things are and then there's one saying, "Or we could take the world back." The main difference is - what if the Indians had a nuclear warhead? The elves have their equivalent of the weapon that is too terrible to use. What if this guy decided to use it?||”|
|Hellboy II: The Golden Army Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|Film score by Danny Elfman|
|Released||March 23, 2004|
- "Introduction" (3:37)
- "Hellboy II Titles" (1:18)
- "Training" (1:50)
- "The Auction House" (2:28)
- "Hallway Cruise" (1:35)
- "Where Fairies Dwell" (4:16)
- "Teleplasty" (1:21)
- "Mein Herring" (1:05)
- "Father and Son" (6:02)
- "A Link" (1:29)
- "A Troll Market" (1:21)
- "Market Troubles" (3:41)
- "A Big Decision" (1:10)
- "The Last Elemental" (4:11)
- "The Spear" (1:47)
- "A Dilemma" (2:55)
- "Doorway" (3:35)
- "A Choise" (3:58)
- "In the Army Chamber" (5:47)
- "Finale" (3:49)
Instead of television spots showing scenes from the film, humorous adverts were aired depicting Hellboy appearing on Ghost Hunters; being interviewed by James Lipton on Inside the Actors Studio; playing video games with Chuck Bartowski (Zachary Levi) from Chuck; visiting the set of American Gladiators; auditioning for a high school event; and hosting a public service announcement with a cat.
- "The Mummy and Hellboy 2 Switch Dates". ComingSoon.net. 2007-07-27. Retrieved 2007-07-27. Check date values in:
- Larry Carroll (2007-02-13). "Pan's Labyrinth Duo Use Oscar Clout To Make Hellboy II Their Way". VH1. Retrieved 2007-11-20. Check date values in:
- Del Toro Films - Guillermo Del Toro Fansite - GDT Announces Hellboy 2 Cast
- Update: Del Toro on The Hobbit, Hellboy II & New Project
- Stax (2004-05-14). "Hellboy II Confirmed!". IGN. Retrieved 2007-02-20. Check date values in:
- Brian Linder (2004-09-02). "Guillermo, Blair Talk Hellboy Sequel". IGN. Retrieved 2007-02-20. Check date values in:
- Michael Fleming (2006-08-03). "'Hellboy' in U turn". Variety. Retrieved 2007-02-20. Check date values in:
- Gabriel Snyder (2006-08-09). "Tyro helmer wears 'Halo'". Variety. Retrieved 2007-02-20. Check date values in:
- Scott Collura (2006-10-16). "Exclusive: Hellboy vs. the Universal Monsters?". IGN. Retrieved 2007-02-20. Check date values in:
- Scott Collura (2006-10-16). "Exclusive: Hellboy 2 Leads to Hellboy 3". IGN. Retrieved 2007-02-20. Check date values in:
- Andy Serwin (2007-08-28). "'HELLBOY 2' UPDATE". Wizard Entertainment. Retrieved 2007-11-20. Check date values in:
- Del Toro Wants Gaiman On Death
- Richard George (2007-02-15). "Interview: Hellboy's Mike Mignola". IGN. Retrieved 2007-02-20. Check date values in:
- SoundtrackCollector - Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
- "Who All Got to Meet Hellboy this Week?". Superhero Hype!. 2008-07-03. Retrieved 2008-07-04.
- "Hellboy II: The Golden Army Movie Reviews". Rotten Tomatoes. IGN Entertainment, Inc. Retrieved 2008-07-03.