Hello, The Future!
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Hello, The Future!|
|Born||November 4, 1981|
|Origin||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Associated acts||The Long Holidays, Adam Sakellarides, Glen Raphael|
Hello, The Future! is the name of a nerd-folk band.
Although usually introduced as a solo act ("My name is Nicole, my band is Hello, The Future! and I am the only person in my band"), Hello, The Future sometimes performs and/or records with other performers or even a full backing band; Giant Robot Album was a collaboration with the band The Long Holidays.
Mink Car Cover
In 2011 Dieker organized a charity project called "Mink Car Cover" (based on the They Might Be Giants album Mink Car) in which 19 different artists (including MC Frontalot, Marian Call, Molly Lewis, and The Doubleclicks) recorded covers of the original TMBG tracks to release a new version of the album. In addition to providing project management, Hello, The Future! recorded one of the tracks. The new album was released on September 11, 2011 (the tenth anniversary of the Twin Towers attack) to raise money for the FDNY Foundation; over $5000 in donations were raised from sales.
Nicole Dieker studied composition as an undergrad at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio (where she performed with the Miami University Choraliers) and attended graduate school at Illinois State University.
Albums available on CD
- Infinity Right Now (Nov 2010)
- Sidekicks and Other Songs (May 2011)
- Hello, The Future! Gets Her Filk On At Philcon (Jan 2012)
- Geek Girl EP (July 2012)
- Mink Car Cover (Sept 2011)
- Giant Robot Album (June 2013)
- "Nerd Band of the Week: Hello, the Future", Almost Nerdy, August 20, 2012
- The Search for Geek: Hello, The Future!, Debs and Errol, June 17 2013>
- "Geek Girl EP – Hello, The Future!", My Geek Review, August 31, 2012
- Hello The Future InterventionCon 2013 guest bio
- BlasterCon 2013 guest bio
- Kickstarter page for Geek Girl EP (funded)
- Meet an awesomeographer - Nicole of Hello the Future
- Mink Car Cover: A project to benefit the FDNY Foundation
- Marian Call: In which I officially cover They Might Be Giants
- Laughing Squid: Mink Car Cover album fundraiser
- Hello, The Future! releases Geek Girl EP
- Can Bold Stretch Goals Pay Off? Hello, The Future!'s Kickstarter, Launch & Release