< Help:IPAJump to navigation Jump to search
See Sardinian phonology for a more thorough look at the sounds of Sardinian.
- Phonemic /b/, /d/, /ɡ/ between vowels are usually realized as [β], [ð], [ɣ], and sometimes even omitted. Omission does not normally occur when those are the realizations for phonemic /p/, /t/, /k/.
- After a vowel it is a double voiced retroflex stop, represented by [ɖɖ] or [ɖː].
- Usually, /k/ is written down following either the Italian style (by using ⟨ch⟩ before e and i: e.g. anchilla, chelu, chena, chi, etc.), the Byzantine style (by using ⟨k⟩: e.g. ankilla, kelu, kena, ki, etc.) or (now rare) the Spanish style (by using ⟨qu⟩ before e and i: e.g. anquilla, quelu, quena, qui, etc.)
- Nasal consonants always assimilate their place of articulation to that of the following consonant. Thus, the n in /nɡ/~/nk/ is velar [ŋ], but before /v/ or /f/, it is labiodental [ɱ] (transcribed here as ⟨m⟩). It is [m] only before /p/, /b/ or /m/ and [ɳ] before /ɖ/.
- Glottal stops usually occur for intervocalic /k/ in some dialects of Barbagia, and for intervocalic /l/ and /n/ in some dialects of Sarrabus.
- [ɛ] and [ɔ] occur in stressed position if the following syllable does not contain /i/ (unless it is a development of /e/), /u/, or a palatal.
- One of the cases in which the grapheme ⟨j⟩ does not represent the sound [ʒ].
- A rare case, using the grapheme ⟨i⟩, normally representing a full vowel /i/.
- Phonetically transcribed as [saɾˈdinja], as opposed to Sardígna in Logudorese, transcribed as [saɾˈdiɲɲa]. In Campidanese this semivowel is more usual.
- Wagner, Max Leopold (1989) . Dizionario Etimologico Sardo (in Italian). Trois.
- Blasco Ferrer, Eduardo (1994). ELLO ELLUS, grammatica della lingua sarda (in Italian). Nuoro (Sardinia): Poliedro Edizioni.
- Blasco Ferrer, Eduardo (2007). Sardo e italiano a confronto. CUEC.
- Mura, Riccardo; Virdis, Maurizio (2015). Caratteri e strutture fonetiche, fonologiche e prosodiche della lingua sarda. Il sintetizzatore vocale SINTESA (in Italian). Condaghes.
- Puddu, Mario (2015) . Ditzionàriu de sa limba e de sa cultura sarda (in Sardinian). Condaghes.