Help (Erica Campbell album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||March 25, 2014|
|Genre||Christian R&B, Urban gospel, contemporary R&B|
|Length||51:32 (Standard Edition)|
|Erica Campbell chronology|
|Singles from Help|
Help is the debut studio album by gospel musician Erica Campbell, originally released on March 25, 2014 by eOne. This is Erica Campbell's debut studio album without her sister Tina Campbell. The album's release was preceded by the singles "A Little More Jesus", the title track "Help" and "You Are". The album debuted at number 1 on the US Billboard Gospel Albums chart and number 6 on the Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 23,000 copies. The album also won the Grammy Award for Best Gospel Album at the 57th Grammy Awards.
This album was released on March 25, 2014. The release marks the first solo studio album apart from her duo of Mary Mary, which was produced by her husband Warryn Campbell and released under the eOne record label.
|Los Angeles Times|||
|New Release Tuesday|||
Help garnered praise from four music critics ratings and reviews. At Los Angeles Times, Mikael Wood rated the album three out of four stars, stating that on the release "Campbell is always open to more feeling." David Jeffries of AllMusic rated the album three-and-a-half stars out of five, writing that the release "is a return to more traditional themes like prayer, creation, and the struggles of everyday life, while traditional gospel plays more of a role than the usual R&B, thus allowing Erica to show off her vocal talents." At CCM Magazine, Andrew Greer rated the album a perfect five stars, saying that the release "is set to enamor urban music history". Dwayne Lacy of New Release Tuesday rated the album four-and-a-half stars out of five, remarking that the release "was a very good debut offering" on which the production was "nothing short of masterful." In a nine squares review by Cross Rhythms, Stephen Luff believes the music on the album creates a "top debut solo album with the potential for more radio friendly songs" in the near future.
For the Billboard charting week of April 12, 2014, Help was the No. 6 most sold album in the entirety of the United States by the Billboard 200, and it was the No. 2 Independent Album sold the same week. In addition, the album was the No. 1 most sold Top Gospel Albums.
Unless otherwise indicated, Credits are adapted from liner notes.
|1.||"The Question"||Warryn Campbell||Warryn Campbell||5:17|
|2.||"You Are"||Erica Campbell, W. Campbell||Warryn Campbell||4:44|
|3.||"A Little More Jesus"||E. Campbell, W. Campbell, |
|4.||"Help (featuring Lecrae)"||E. Campbell, W. Campbell, Lecrae Moore, Aaron Sledge, Harold Lilly, Hasben Jones||Warryn Campbell||4:57|
|5.||"I'm a Fan"||Gerald Haddon, Tammi Haddon||Warryn Campbell, |
Tammi Haddon (Co.)
|6.||"The Atkins House"||W. Campbell||Warryn Campbell||1:08|
|7.||"Eddie" (Contains a Drum Sample from "Fool Yourself" performed by Little Feat)||E. Campbell, W. Campbell||Warryn Campbell||3:33|
|8.||"Looking Like"||E. Campbell, W. Campbell, |
|9.||"P.O.G"||E. Campbell, W. Campbell, Dayna Caddell||Warryn Campbell, TRiON (co.), Augie Ray (of TRiON), |
Jintae Ko (of TRiON)
|10.||"More Than a Lover" (Contains Re-Sung Lyrics from "More Than a Woman" performed by Aaliyah)||E. Campbell, W. Campbell||Warryn Campbell, TRiON (co.), Augie Ray (of TRiON), |
Jintae Ko (of TRiON)
|11.||"Nobody Else"||E. Campbell, W. Campbell, LaShawn Daniels||Warryn Campbell |
LaShawn Daniels (Vocals)
|12.||"All I Need Is You"||E. Campbell, W. Campbell||Warryn Campbell||5:59|
|13.||"Changes"||Percy Bady||Warryn Campbell||3:39|
|US Billboard 200||6|
|US Top Gospel Albums (Billboard)||1|
|US Independent Albums (Billboard)||2|
- ^ "Mary Mary's Erica Campbell On Going Solo, Grammys Nods And Her Controversial Skintight Dress". billboard.com. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- ^ "ERICA CAMPBELL DEBUTS "HELP"". wetv.com. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- ^ Zaccaria, Marcina. "Erica Campbell releases her solo album, 'Help'". thecelebritycafe.com. Archived from the original on 6 December 2014. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- ^ "Mary Mary's Erica Campbell Uncovers New Solo Single & Album Release Date". thatgrapejuice.net. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- ^ Caulfield, Keith (April 2, 2014). "'Frozen' Rules With Most Weeks At No. 1 Since Adele's '21'". Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- ^ a b Jeffries, David (March 24, 2014). "Erica Campbell - Help : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved April 20, 2014.
- ^ a b Greer, Andrew (May 15, 2014). "Erica Campbell: Help (My Block, Inc./eOne)" (PDF). CCM Magazine. Salem Publishing. p. 36. ISSN 1524-7848. Retrieved May 14, 2014.
- ^ a b Luff, Stephen (July 2, 2014). "Review: Help - Erica Campbell". crossrhythms.com. Cross Rhythms. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- ^ a b Wood, Mikael (March 24, 2014). "Erica Campbell's debut solo album 'Help' brims with feeling". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 20, 2014.
- ^ a b Lacy, Dwayne (May 14, 2014). "One of the Marys is Stepping Out". New Release Tuesday. Retrieved May 14, 2014.
- ^ Erica Campbell - Help. eOne Music 99923 9340
- ^ "Eddie" Sample of "Fool Yourself". WhoSampled.com. http://www.whosampled.com/sample/261819/Erica-Campbell-Eddie-Little-Feat-Fool-Yourself/
- ^ Erica Campbell's "More Than a Lover" Sample of Aaliyah's "More Than a Woman". WhoSampled.com. http://www.whosampled.com/sample/261821/Erica-Campbell-More-Than-a-Lover-Aaliyah-More-Than-a-Woman/
- ^ "Erica Campbell: Billboard 200". Retrieved April 20, 2014.
- ^ "Erica Campbell: Top Gospel Albums". Retrieved April 20, 2014.
- ^ "Erica Campbell: Independent Albums". Retrieved April 20, 2014.