Help Me Hold On
|"Help Me Hold On"|
|Single by Travis Tritt|
|from the album Country Club|
|B-side||"All I'll Ever Be"|
|Released||February 8, 1990|
|Format||CD single, Cassingle, 7"|
|Label||Warner Bros. Nashville 19918|
|Songwriter(s)||Travis Tritt, Pat Terry|
|Travis Tritt singles chronology|
"Help Me Hold On" is a song co-written and performed by American country music artist Travis Tritt. It was released in February 1990 as the second single from his debut album Country Club. It reached number 1 in both the United States and Canada, thus becoming Travis Tritt's first number-one hit. The song was written by Tritt and Pat Terry.
"Help Me Hold On" is a ballad telling of a failing relationship. In it, the male narrator asks his significant other not to abandon him, by confessing his mistakes.
The music video was directed by Greg Crutcher. It begins and ends with an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show playing on a television set.
The following musicians play on this track:
- Gregg Brown – acoustic guitar
- Larry Byrom – acoustic guitar, electric guitar solo
- Mike Brignardello – bass guitar
- Paul Franklin – steel guitar
- Dana McVicker – background vocals
- Mark O'Connor – fiddle
- Michael Rojas – piano
- Jim "Jimmy Joe" Ruggiere – harmonica
- Steve Turner – drums, percussion
- Kent Wells – electric guitar
- Reggie Young – electric guitar
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||5|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||8|
- Country Club (cassette liner). Travis Tritt. Warner Bros. Records. 1989. 4-26094.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1241." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. May 19, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Travis Tritt Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1990". RPM. December 22, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Best of 1990: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
"Love on Arrival"
by Dan Seals
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
May 12, 1990
by Clint Black
"Here in the Real World"
by Alan Jackson
|RPM Country Tracks
May 19–26, 1990