|Amtrak inter-city rail station|
|Location||1 Depot Street
Helper, Utah 84526
|Owned by||Union Pacific Railroad|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Parking||5 long term spaces
5 short term spaces
|Passengers (2016)||2,145 2.5%|
The Helper station is a railroad station in Helper, Utah. It is served by Amtrak's California Zephyr, which runs once daily between Chicago, Illinois, and Emeryville, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area.[Note 1]
The station was originally built by the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad in 1881, and is currently owned by the Union Pacific Railroad. The station building has a passenger waiting area only. There are no services provided at the station (e.g., ticketing, restrooms, lounge, etc.).
Beginning in 1983, both the Desert Wind (with service from Chicago to Los Angeles) and the Pioneer (with service from Chicago to Seattle) previously stopped at the Helper station. Service by the Pioneer was dropped when that train was rerouted through Wyoming in 1991 (the train was later discontinued altogether in 1997). Service by the Desert Wind ended when Amtrak discontinued that train in 1997 (at the same time as the Pioneer was discontinued). Also in 1997, the Green River Station replaced the former station in Thompson Springs as the next station to the east.
- As of 13 January 2014, the previous schedule continues with the westbound train (Route 5) scheduled to stop at 7:20 pm and the eastbound train (Route 6) scheduled to stop at 6:37 am.
- "Helper, UT (HER)". amtrak.com. Amtrak. Retrieved 22 Aug 2013.
- "Great American Stations: Helper, UT (HER)". greatamericanstations.com. Amtrak. Retrieved 8 Jan 2014.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2016, State of Utah" (PDF). amtrak.com. Amtrak. Nov 2016. Retrieved January 5, 2017.
- "California Zephyr" (PDF). amtrak.com. Amtrak. 13 Jan 2014. p. 2. Retrieved 8 Jan 2014.
- Amtrak – Stations – Helper, UT
- Helper, UT (HER); Great American Station (Amtrak)
- Helper Amtrak Station (USA RailGuide -- TrainWeb)
|This Utah train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|