Helping Me Get Over You
|"Helping Me Get Over You"|
|Single by Travis Tritt with Lari White|
|from the album The Restless Kind|
|Released||July 26, 1997|
|Label||Warner Bros. Nashville|
|Travis Tritt singles chronology|
"Helping Me Get Over You" is a song written and recorded by American country music artists Travis Tritt and Lari White. It was released in July 1997 as the fourth single from the album The Restless Kind. The song reached No. 18 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. It was nominated for a TNN/MCN Music award that year.
The song is a slow ballad with an approximate tempo of 76 beats per minute. It begins with Tritt singing the first verse and chorus in the key of F major, then modulates downward to B-flat major for White, who sings the second verse and chorus. It includes piano, timpani, and a four-piece string section arranged by David Campbell.
Compiled from The Restless Kind liner notes.
- Kenny Aronoff - drums
- Sam Bacco - timpani, percussion
- Mike Brignardello - bass guitar
- Larry Byrom - acoustic guitar
- David Campbell - viola
- Wendell Cox - electric guitar
- Joel Derouin - violin
- Suzy Katayama - cello
- Peter Kent - violin
- Mark O'Connor - fiddle
- Benmont Tench - piano, C-3 organ
- Travis Tritt - vocals, acoustic guitar
- Robby Turner - pedal steel guitar
- Lari White - vocals
- Reggie Young - electric guitar
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||21|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||18|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 354.
- Rutledge, Leigh. "Celebrated left-handers: fabulous facts about famous southpaws". p. 103. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "'Helping Me Get Over You' sheet music". musicnotes.com. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- The Restless Kind (CD booklet). Travis Tritt. Warner Bros. Records. 1996. 46304.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3346." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 6, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Travis Tritt – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Travis Tritt.