This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hemal Sachindra Ranasinghe
|Occupation||Actor, Model, TV presenter|
|Height||182 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
Hemal Ranasinghe (born Hemal Sachindra Ranasinghe, 25 August 1984) is a Sri Lankan actor, model, dancer and television presenter. He earned the critics' award for 'Best Actor' and 'Most Popular Actor' at the Derana Film Awards in 2016, becoming one of Sri Lanka's most popular[peacock term] actors of modern cinema.[better source needed] Ranasinghe started his career as a model, appearing in several advertising commercials. He made his cinema debut in 2012 appearing in Super Six. In 2016 he won Most Popular Actor, and Best Promising Actor at the Hiru Golden Film Award
Hemal Sachindra Ranasinghe was born in Matale, Sri Lanka and attended St Thomas' College, Matale. Ranasinghe is the third of four brothers. His father practiced Ayurveda. He has stated that both his mother and father were supportive of his decision to make the arts his chosen career. Ranasinghe is versed in Martial Arts, which is a discipline he says he uses even now in his acting career.
In 2009 he participated in "The Model of the World" in Spain, winning the title 'Male Model of the World 2009', as well as the award for 'Best Glamour' and 'Best Catwalk' during the competition.
The Colombo Fashion Week and Sri Lanka Design Festival are the two main shows that Ranasinghe takes part in annually. In addition to these, Ranasinghe models in countless shows throughout the year.
In 2011, he participated in the Swarnavahini Dance Stars Dance competition. After months of competing, Hemal won 1st Runners Up in the competition. He continues to perform in various local shows and events and is sought after by local choreographers.
Hemal's acting in the film, Super Six, marked as his debut in the film industry. He won the The Special Jury Award at the Sarasaviya Awards 2015, a Special Jury Award and "The Most Popular Actor Of The Year 2015" at "The Fourth Derana Film Awards  and The Most Popular Actor Of The Year 2015 at the Hiru Golden Film Award for his role in Pravegaya
- No. denotes the Number of Sri Lankan film in the Sri Lankan cinema. All films are in Sinhala, unless otherwise noted.
|2012||1174||Super Six||Sanath||Debut cinema acting.|
|2015||1228||Pravegaya||Hemal Suriyabandara||*Derana Critics awards for Best Actor and Most Popular Actor – Sinhala
*Most Popular Actor Hiru Golden Film Award – Sinhala
*Special Jury Award Sarasaviya Awards
|2016||1253||Adaraneeya Kathawak||Abhimana Jayawardena|
|TBD||Bahu Barya 2||pre-production|
|This section does not cite any sources. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Derana Film Award for Most Popular Actor
- Derana Film Critics Award for Best Actor
- Hiru Golden Film Award for Most Popular Actor
- Hiru Golden Award for Best Promising Actor
- Srasaviya Special Jury Award 2016
- "Biography". Wix.com. 1984-08-25. Retrieved 2012-05-10.
- "Show Contestant - Mister World - Mister World". Mrworld.tv. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "Interview with Hemal Ranasinghe - Gossips Online | Gossip Lanka Hot News Sri Lanka". Gossips Online. 2014-01-03. Retrieved 2017-01-02.[unreliable source?]
- "Mrworld Home". Mrworld.tv. Archived from the original on 13 June 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- "Hemal Sachindra Ranasinghe ~ Sri Lankan Actress and Models Photos". Slactressmodels.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "Models of the Year and Mr. Sri Lanka | Fashion". Dailymirror.lk. 15 October 2010. Archived from the original on 29 August 2011. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- "Hemal Sachindra Ranasinghe at NEXT Hottest Model - next hottest model". Nextmodelmen.typepad.com. Retrieved 2012-05-10.
- "Most popular Hemal-Dinakshi,Best Jackson-Kaushalya at Derana cinema film awards". Gossip Lanka News [English]. 2016-05-15. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "Sri Lankan Cinema History". National Film Corporation of Sri Lanka. Retrieved 9 August 2016.