Hemel Hempstead Gazette
|Headquarters||Hemel Hempstead, UK|
|Circulation||9,756 at 01/07/2012 .|
|Sister newspapers||Berkhamsted & Tring Gazette and the free doorstep delivered Herald Express|
It was first published in 1858 as The Hemel Hempstead Gazette and West Herts Advertiser, this was renamed in 1899 as The Hertfordshire, Hemel Hempstead Gazette and West Herts Advertiser and it was published under this title until 1973.
From 1973 it was known simply as the Hemel Hempstead Gazette, and from 1991 as The Gazette.
The paper has generated two siblings, the Berkhamsted & Tring Gazette and the free doorstep delivered Herald Express, all of which come from the same offices.
Publication, production and ownership
Both geographic editions of The Gazette appear on Wednesdays.
About 10 people work in the editorial department which is the central hub of the business's operation.
It is based at Newspaper House, 39 Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP1 1LH.
- "Newspaper Report for the publication:- Hemel Hempstead Gazette". NS and AdWeb. November 2009. Retrieved 19 November 2009.
- "hemeltoday". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Hemel Hempstead Gazette". British Newspapers Online. 5 April 2009. Retrieved 19 November 2009.
- "The Gazette". Media UK. November 2009. Retrieved 19 November 2009.
- Reynolds, Chris (January 2008). "Hemel Hempstead Gazette". Old Hertfordshire Newspapers. Hertfordshire Genealogy. Retrieved 19 November 2009.
- "berkhamstedtoday". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "tringtoday". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- Amos, Owen (19 January 2009). "Johnston Press centralises subbing - reporters stay local". Press Gazette. Retrieved 19 November 2009.
- The Newspaper Society praises the Gazette's reportage of the Buncefield explosion, The Newspaper Society, 15 December 2005, Accessed November 2009
- Readership report for Hemel Hempstead Gazette at JICREG, Retrieved November 2009
- Archive of 'Gazzer' Cartoons, featuring the Hemel Hempstead Gazette's mascot dog.
|This English newspaper–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|