Hempstead Lake State Park
|Hempstead Lake State Park|
Peninsula Boulevard as it runs beneath a pedestrian bridge at Hempstead Lake State Park.
Location of Hempstead Lake State Park within New York State
West Hempstead, New York
|Area||737 acres (2.98 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||323,863 (in 2014)|
|Website||Hempstead Lake State Park|
Hempstead Lake State Park is a 737-acre (2.98 km2) state park located in Nassau County, New York in the United States. The park is located in West Hempstead and is one of three state parks within the Town of Hempstead. There is a quick-access entrance at exit 18 from the Southern State Parkway.
The park offers picnic tables with pavilions, tennis courts, a playground, playing fields, recreation programs, hiking, biking, a bridle path, fishing, ice fishing, ice skating, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and a boat launch. The park contains three ponds for fishing that are stocked with several varieties of fish. Wooded picnic areas provide shade.
- "Hempstead Lake State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved September 29, 2016.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 672. Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved September 29, 2016.
- Media related to Hempstead Lake State Park at Wikimedia Commons
- New York State Parks: Hempstead Lake State Park
|This article about a location in Nassau County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|