|Directed by||Adam Wood|
|Produced by||Aaron L. Gilbert|
|Written by||Adam Wood|
Jay D. Waxman
|Based on||Henchmen: Ill Suited|
by Adam Wood
|Music by||Toby Chu|
|Distributed by||Entertainment One|
Henchmen is a 2018 Canadian/American animated action comedy film directed by Adam Wood and co-written by Wood, David Ray and Jay D. Waxman, based on Wood's own 2014 short film Henchmen: Ill Suited. The film stars James Marsden, Thomas Middleditch, Rosario Dawson, Alfred Molina, Nathan Fillion, Jane Krakowski, Rob Riggle, Craig Robinson and Will Sasso. Production began in May 2015 in British Columbia. Produced by Bron Studios, it was planned to be released in 2016, but did not release in that year.
The film was released in Canada on December 7, 2018.
A fallen henchman named Hank leads a team of Lester and two others, called the "Union of Evil", who must prevent Baron Blackout from dominating the world. The crew are assigned to the Vault of Villainy, where Lester accidentally steals the ultimate weapon.
- James Marsden as Hank
- Thomas Middleditch as Lester
- Rosario Dawson as Jolene
- Alfred Molina as Baron Blackout
- Bobcat Goldthwait as Jackalope
- Nathan Fillion as Captain Superior
- Jane Krakowski as Jane
- Rob Riggle as Biff
- Craig Robinson as Stew
- Will Sasso as Gluttonator/Union Boss
- Ashleigh Ball as Terri Murphy
- Kelly Sheridan as Additional Voices
- Kazumi Evans as Pep Girl Twin Odyssey
The project was first announced on August 13, 2014, when Adam Wood's short film Henchmen: Ill Suited was released, Gary Sanchez Productions' Adam McKay, Will Ferrell and Chris Henchy were attached to exec produce the film for Bron Studios. Wood would direct the film, which he and Dennis McNicholas would co-write. On May 29, 2015, full cast was revealed through different sources and it was also confirmed that the production on the film had begun at Bron Studios in Burnaby and Duncan, British Columbia. The cast included James Marsden, Thomas Middleditch, Rosario Dawson, Alfred Molina, Nathan Fillion, Jane Krakowski, Rob Riggle, Craig Robinson and Will Sasso. Aaron L. Gilbert and Luke Carroll would be producing the film, while Gary Sanchez's McKay, Ferrell and Henchy had left the film due to scheduling conflicts.
- "Henchmen (2018)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- Erlandsen, Stephen (August 13, 2014). "Will Ferrell, Adam McKay to Produce 'Henchmen' by Bron Studios". Rotoscopers. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "Internet Movie Database". Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- McNary, Dave (May 29, 2015). "James Marsden, Thomas Middleditch Tapped for Animated Comedy 'Henchmen'". variety.com. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (June 29, 2015). "Bron Studios Expands Production Facilities". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "Gary Sanchez Prods Now 'Henchmen' With Bron Studios On Animated Feature". deadline.com. August 13, 2014. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- Hipes, Patrick (May 29, 2015). "'Henchman' Moves Forward With Voice Cast But Minus Gary Sanchez; 'Belko Experiment' Staffs Up". deadline.com. Retrieved May 31, 2015.