Henderson Estates, Edmonton

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Henderson Estates
Neighbourhood
Henderson Estates is located in Edmonton
Henderson Estates
Henderson Estates
Location of Henderson Estates in Edmonton
Coordinates: 53°28′05″N 113°35′53″W / 53.468°N 113.598°W / 53.468; -113.598
Country  Canada
Province  Alberta
City Edmonton
Quadrant[1] NW
Ward[1] 9
Sector[2] Southwest
Area[3][4] Riverbend
Government[5]
 • Administrative body Edmonton City Council
 • Councillor Bryan Anderson
Area[6]
 • Total 0.79 km2 (0.31 sq mi)
Elevation 678 m (2,224 ft)
Population (2012)[7]
 • Total 1,893
 • Density 2,396.2/km2 (6,206/sq mi)
 • Change (2009–12) Decrease-3.5%
 • Dwellings 622

Henderson Estates is a residential neighbourhood in south west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada overlooking the North Saskatchewan River valley. The neighbourhood is bounded on the north by Rabbit Hill Road and on the east by Riverbend Road. The southern boundary is an undeveloped strip of land about 29 Avenue.

Residential street in Henderson Estates

According to the 2001 federal census, residential development in the neighbourhood commenced during the 1980s with three out of five (60.3%) of all residences being built during this decade, with the remaining two out of five (39.7%) of the residences being built after 1990. Additional development in the neighbourhood occurred after completion of the 2001 census.[8][9]

The most common type of residence in the neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, is the single-family dwelling. These account for just over nine out of every ten (92%) of all residences. The remaining 8% are duplexes.[10] Virtually all residences in the neighbourhood are owner-occupied, with only three residences being rented.[9]

Demographics[edit]

In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Henderson Estates had a population of 1,893 living in 622 dwellings,[7] a -3.5% change from its 2009 population of 1,962.[11] With a land area of 0.79 km2 (0.31 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,396.2 people/km2 in 2012.[6][7]

Surrounding neighbourhoods[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  2. ^ "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  3. ^ "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  4. ^ "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  5. ^ "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  6. ^ a b "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  7. ^ a b c "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 
  8. ^ http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/DD23/FEDERAL%202001/Neighbourhood/HENDERSON%20ESTATES.pdf
  9. ^ a b http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/C05002/MUNICIPAL%202005/Neighbourhood/HENDERSON%20ESTATES.pdf
  10. ^ Duplexes include triplexes and quadruplexes.
  11. ^ "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 

External links[edit]