Henjo Richter performing live in 2008
|Birth name||Henjo Oliver Richter|
24 November 1963 |
Hamburg, West Germany
|Genres||Power metal, heavy metal|
|Instruments||Guitar, keyboard, vocals|
|Associated acts||Gamma Ray
Henjo is a self-taught musician and started playing at the age of 13. He is a veteran of the German heavy metal scene, but Gamma Ray is his first major band. He joined them as a replacement for guitarist Dirk Schlächter (who had switched instrument to bass) on Somewhere Out in Space (1997). However, in the mid-1980s, Henjo was a member of the heavy metal band Rampage, replacing Roland Grapow.
In 2001, Henjo was hired by Tobias Sammet to play guitar on his Avantasia project. He is also rumoured to have offered his services to Hansen's former band Helloween for their album Rabbit Don't Come Easy following the departure of their guitarist Roland Grapow.
In 2011, he had a biking accident and broke three ribs and his collarbone.
With Gamma Ray
- Somewhere Out in Space (1997)
- The Karaoke Album (compilation album) (1997)
- Power Plant (1999)
- Blast from the Past (compilation album) (2000)
- No World Order (2001)
- Skeletons in the Closet (live album) (2003)
- Majestic (2005)
- Land of the Free II (2007)
- Hell Yeah! The Awesome Foursome (live album) (2008)
- To the Metal (2010)
- Skeletons & Majesties (EP) (2011)
- Skeletons & Majesties Live (live album) (2012)
- Empire of the Undead (2014)
- The Best (Of) (compilation album) (2015)
- The Metal Opera (2000)
- The Metal Opera Part II (2002)
- The Scarecrow (2008) – guest
- Angel of Babylon (2010) – guest
- The Flying Opera (live album) (2011) – guest
- "AMBERIAN DAWN Guitarist Kasperi Heikkinen To Assist GAMMA RAY On Upcoming Dates". Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles. 19 March 2010. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
|This article about a German guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|