Henjo Richter performing live in 2008
|Birth name||Henjo Oliver Richter|
24 November 1963 |
Hamburg, West Germany
|Genres||Power metal, heavy metal|
|Instruments||Guitar, keyboard, vocals|
Henjo is a self-taught musician and started playing at the age of 13. He is a veteran of the German heavy metal scene, but Gamma Ray is his first major band. He joined them as a replacement for guitarist Dirk Schlächter (who had switched instrument to bass) on Somewhere Out in Space (1997). However, in the mid-1980s, Henjo was a member of the heavy metal band Rampage, replacing Roland Grapow.
In 2017, it was announced on Gamma Ray's website that the debut album of 'Unity', which Richter founded together with Michael Ehré, was to be released in spring 2017.
In 2011, he had a biking accident and broke three ribs and his collarbone.
With Gamma Ray
- Somewhere Out in Space (1997)
- Power Plant (1999)
- Blast from the Past (compilation album) (2000)
- No World Order (2001)
- Skeletons in the Closet (live album) (2003)
- Majestic (2005)
- Land of the Free II (2007)
- Hell Yeah! The Awesome Foursome (live album) (2008)
- To the Metal (2010)
- Skeletons & Majesties (EP) (2011)
- Skeletons & Majesties Live (live album) (2012)
- Empire of the Undead (2014)
- The Best (Of) (compilation album) (2015)
- Love Lights Up the Night (1983)
As a guest
- Freedom Call - Taragon (EP) (1999)
- Avantasia - The Scarecrow (2008)
- Avantasia - Angel of Babylon (2010)
- Avantasia - The Flying Opera (live album) (2011)
- War Kabinett - Made in Mexico (2011)
- Neopera - Destined Ways (2014)
- "AMBERIAN DAWN Guitarist Kasperi Heikkinen To Assist GAMMA RAY On Upcoming Dates". Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles. 19 March 2010. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
|This article about a German guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|