|Occupation||Video game designer, entrepreneur|
Henk Rogers (born 24 December 1953) is a Dutch video game designer and entrepreneur. He is known for producing Japan's first major turn-based role-playing video game The Black Onyx, securing the rights to distribute Tetris on video game consoles where the game found popularity, and as the founder of Bullet-Proof Software (now called Blue Planet Software) and The Tetris Company, which licenses the Tetris trademark. Nowadays, he serves as Managing Director of The Tetris Company.
In 2007, Rogers founded Blue Planet Foundation, a 501(c)(3) public charity focused on activities of advocacy, building awareness and fostering action for clean energy in Hawaii. In 2015, the foundation led the campaign to make Hawaii the first state in the nation with a 100% renewable energy law.
Rogers also serves as Chairman of the Pacific International Space Center for Exploration Systems (PISCES) and owner of Hawaii Space Exploration Analog and Simulation (HI-SEAS), a 1,200 square-foot Mars analog habitat on Mauna Loa. PISCES' core mission is to develop and grow an aerospace industry in Hawaii through applied research, workforce development and economic development initiatives.
- "Tetris Press". Retrieved 6 December 2016.
- "About". Blue Planet Foundation. 2016-09-19. Retrieved 2019-06-08.
- "100% Renewable Energy". Blue Planet Foundation. 2016-09-29. Retrieved 2019-06-08.
- Lincoln, Mileka. "Gov. Ige signs bill setting 100 percent renewable energy goal for state". https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com. Retrieved 2019-06-08. External link in
- Foundation, Blue Planet. "HISTORIC: Hawaii enacts nation's first 100% renewable energy requirement". prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-06-08.
- "HI-SEAS". HI-SEAS. Retrieved 2019-06-08.
- "Henk Rogers". International MoonBase Alliance. Retrieved 2019-06-08.
- "About | PISCES Hawaii". Retrieved 2019-06-08.
- Interview with Planet GameCube
- GameSpot news report on Blue Lava Wireless sale
- Avatar Reality
- Blue Lava Technologies
- Blue Planet Foundation
- Blue Startups
- Blue Planet Energy
|This article about a person from the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|