Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award
|Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award|
“A tribute to remarkable individuals who work towards improving the global community” – Dr. Christian Kälin
|Sponsored by||Henley & Partners|
|2018||Diep N. Vuong, Pacific Links Foundation|
|2017||Monique Morrow, The Humanized Internet|
|2016||Dr. Imtiaz Sooliman, Gift of the Givers|
|2015||Harald Höppner, Sea Watch|
The Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award is an annual award given out by Henley & Partners. The award is given to global citizens who display extraordinary vision, courage, and commitment to important global issues. The focus is on Global Issues that are set by the United Nations and which cannot be solved by one nation. The recipients of the Global Citizen Award are receiving US$30’000 as a monetary prize, which is for the awardee to assist their organization and cause. In addition, Henley & Partners supports the awardee, for one year, with Public Relations & Marketing expertise to help raise awareness, maximize impact and reach for their cause.
Organizer & Partnerships
Henley & Partners is a global citizenship and residence advisory firm headquartered in London. It counsels’ governments on residence and citizenship-by-investment policy and works with them to develop and implement residence and citizenship programs.
The firm partners with the UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) to advocate and assist the mission of the UNHCR, contributing with US$1 Million as well as activities to raise awareness and funds for the mission of the UNHCR.
The committee of the Global Citizen Award consists of 9 members and chooses the Global Citizen Award winner with a majority vote. The current members of the committee include, Her Royal Highness Princess Firyal of Jordan. Princess Firyal is a humanitarian, and philanthropist, board member of the International Rescue Committee  and a UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador since 1992. Her Excellency, Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca  is the President of Malta and served her country for forty years. Leigh Foster, Chief of Events, Campaigns and Goodwill Ambassadors at the UNHCR in Geneva. Senator Joëlle Garriaud-Maylam is the Secretary of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defense and Armed Forces, in the Senate of France. In addition, Garriaud-Maylam is the Vice-Chair of the Senate delegation for Women's Rights and Equality of Chances. Dr. Christian H. Kälin Chairman and CEO of Henley & Partners. Kälin is an immigration and citizenship law specialist. Prof Dr. Khalid Koser OBE, is the Founding Executive Director of the Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF) and Vice-Chairman of the Advisory Council on Migrationat the World Economic Forum, Geneva. Jim Rogers, Chairman of Rogers Holdings in Singapore. Rogers is an American businessman, investor and author. and co-founder of the Quantam Fund, a privately owned hedge fund. Namira Salim, explorer, artist  and selected as a member of the Virgin galactic Founders Club by Sir Richard Branson's. Professor Dr. Marek Urban, is an author and the Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy at the Pontifical University of John Paul II in Kraków, Poland.
Diep N. Vuong is the co-founder of Pacific Links Foundation. The foundation's mission is to empower women and the youth trough education, teaching life skills and providing a supportive network in Vietnam, Cambodia, China and Laos.
Monique Morrow, is the co-founder of the Humanized Internet. The Humanized Internet is helping 1.1 billion people, that have lost their legal identity as a result of unrest in their countries and involuntary displacement. People without any government-issued documentation are invisible and vulnerable to human trafficking and abuse. With the Humanized Internet, Monique Morrow tries to give these People a virtual identity – with their records of birth, education, healthcare, marriage records.
- Dr. Imtiaz Sooliman, Gift of the Givers
Dr. Imtiaz Sooliman, is the founder of the internationally recognized nonprofit organization called Gift of the Givers. The organization is located in South Africa and is providing disaster relief including lifesaving aid, medical equipment, medicine, vaccines, foot, water and more worldwide.
Harald Höppner has founded Sea-Watch a refugee aid project, that rescues refugees at distress in the Mediterranean see. The non-profit organization was founded in 2015 in Berlin.
- "12th Global Residence and Citizenship Conference in Dubai: Henley & Partners". www.hubbis.com. 2018-11-01. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "The Search is on for Inspirational Global Citizen". www.newswire.ca. 2018-04-20. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award". www.newswire.ca. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Global Issues Overview". www.un.org. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "About the Firm". www.henleyglobal.com. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Henley & Partners teams up with UNHCR to help global refugee cause". www.independent.com.mt. 2015-03-21. Retrieved 2018-12-17.
- "IRC Board of Directors and Overseers". www.rescue.org. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "President at Henley gala 'for charity work'". www.timesofmalta.com. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Ms Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca". www.gov.mt. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Sénateur représentant les Français établis hors de France". www.senat.fr. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "We create the Elie Wiesel Network!". www.opendemocracy.net. July 18, 2016. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "German Nationality World's Best, Afghan Worst, According to Index Released Today". www.imidaily.com. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Call for Nominations: The 2018 Global Citizen Award". www.zawya.com. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Jim Rogers is the latest aging investing guru to launch an ETF programmed to trade like them". www.cnbc.com. June 21, 2018. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Ananti shares soar on Jim Rogers' appointment". www.theinvestor.co.kr. December 11, 2018. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Pride of Pakistan : Namira Salim". www.dailytimes.com.pk. August 17, 2016. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Virgin Galactic Founder Astronaut Namira Salim: 'We Should Send Politicians Into Space'". www.huffingtonpost.co.uk. July 20, 2012. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Scrapping China's two child policy coud put stop to bride trafficking". www.iol.co.za. August 29, 2018. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "World's Top 50 Women in Tech 2018". www.forbes.com. December 12, 2018. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Police, NGO gifts victims". www.news24.com. December 13, 2018. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Hands across the water". www.aljazeera.com. August 13, 2015. Retrieved 2018-12-12.