||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kagermann studied physics in Braunschweig and Munich. He received his doctorate degree in theoretical physics in 1975 from the TU Braunschweig, Germany, and was promoted to professor there in 1980. He taught physics and computer science at TU Braunschweig and University of Mannheim, both in Germany, from 1980-1992. Kagermann also received an honorary doctorate from the University of Magdeburg, Germany, and is a trustee of the Technical University of Munich. He is also a member of the honorary senate of the Foundation Lindau Nobel Prizewinners.
In June 2009, Kagermann assumed the office of the president of acatech – German Academy of Science and Engineering.
Together with Hasso Plattner, co-founder of SAP, he was co-chairman of the SAP Executive Board and CEO From 1998 to 2003. Following Plattner's election as chairman of the SAP Supervisory Board in May 2003, Kagermann became sole chairman of the SAP Executive Board and CEO until he retired in May 2009. Kagermann had overall responsibility for SAP's strategy, business development and also oversaw the areas of global communications, global intellectual property, internal audit, and talent management.
Kagermann is currently a member of the supervisory boards of Deutsche Bank AG and Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG (Munich Re) in Germany, and in 2007 was made a member of the board of directors of Nokia Corporation.
Since May 2010, Kagermann is chairing the The German National Platform for Electric Mobility. 
In May 2012, Kagermann became member of Haniel board.
Kagermann is also known as one of the main representatvies of the concept Industry 4.0, which applies increased digitalization and the Internet of Things and Services to industrial production. In 2012, a working group led by Kagerman proposed the idea to the Federal Government of Germany.
- "Henning Kagermann" (in German). Wirtschaftswoche. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "Honorary Senate, Lindau Nobel Prizewinners. Accessed 5 April 2016.
- "The structure of acatach". Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Wipro appoints Dr Henning Kagermann to its board". Deccan Herald. Sep 21, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- "Kagermann as chairman of The German National Platform for Electric Mobility". Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Haniel puts Kagermann on board". May 10, 2012. Retrieved 2014-12-12.
- "Industry 4.0: Behind Germany's new economic push". December 16, 2014. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Henning Kagermann.|