|• Total||0.3 km2 (0.1 sq mi)|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|• Density||1,700/km2 (4,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Henningsvær is a fishing village in Vågan Municipality in Nordland county, Norway. It is located on several small islands off the southern coast of the large island of Austvågøya in the Lofoten archipelago. The village is located about 20 kilometres (12 mi) southwest of the town of Svolvær. Henningsvær is connected to the rest of Vågan via the Henningsvær Bridges. The village is mostly located on the islands of Heimøya and Hellandsøya.
The 0.3-square-kilometre (74-acre) village has a population (2018) of 510 which gives the village a population density of 1,700 inhabitants per square kilometre (4,400/sq mi). Due to its traditional fishing village architecture, Henningsvær draws many tourists. Climbing and diving/snorkeling are also popular tourist activities. Henningsvær Church is located in the village, on the island of Heimøya.
With the increase in professional and consumer drone photography in the second decade of the 2000s, the Henningsvaer Fotballbanen (football pitch) has gained global attention. The European football organisation, UEFA, filmed on and around the field for their "We Play Strong" video with Liv Cooke. Pepsi Max Norge offered their support for the UEFA Champions League Final in 2018 with an art installation created by children kicking footballs covered in paint. The field is managed by Henningsvaer IL football club under the leadership of Ole Johan Wiik, as of 2018.
The first element is the male name "Henning", the last element is "vær" 'fishing village'. The name is first recorded in 1567.
- Statistisk sentralbyrå (1 January 2018). "Urban settlements. Population and area, by municipality".
- "Henningsvær, Vågan (Nordland)". yr.no. Retrieved 2018-12-22.
- UEFA (26 February 2013). "UEFA launches #PlayAnywhere campaign".
- Media related to Henningsvær at Wikimedia Commons
- Henningsvær on VisitNorway website
- Henningsvær on Lofoten.com
- Pepsi Max Norge commercial filmed at Henningsvaer field in 2018
- Henningsvaer's youth soccer club