Aerial view of the village
|• Total||0.3 km2 (0.1 sq mi)|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|• Density||1,480/km2 (3,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Henningsvær is a fishing village located on several small islands off the southern coast of Austvågøya in the Lofoten archipelago in Norway. It is a part of the municipality of Vågan in Nordland county. The village is located about 20 kilometres (12 mi) southwest of the town of Svolvær. Henningsvær is connected to the rest of Vågan via the Henningsvær Bridges. The village is mostly located on the islands of Heimøya and Hellandsøya.
The 0.3-square-kilometre (74-acre) village has a population (2013) of 444. The population density is 1,480 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,800/sq mi). Due to its traditional fishing village architecture, Henningsvær draws many tourists. Climbing and diving/snorkeling are also popular tourist activities. Henningsvær Church is located in the village, on the island of Heimøya.
With the increase in professional and consumer drone photography in the second decade of the 2000s, the Henningsvaer Fotballbanen (soccer field) has gained global attention. The European soccer organization, UEFA, filmed on and around the field for their We Play Strong video with Liv Cooke. Pepsi Max Norge offered their support for the UEFA Champions League Final in 2018 with an art installation created by children kicking soccer balls covered in paint. The field is managed by Henningsvaer IL soccer club under the leadership Ole Johan Wiik, as of 2018.
- Statistisk sentralbyrå (1 January 2013). "Urban settlements. Population and area, by municipality".
- "Henningsvær" (in Norwegian). yr.no. Retrieved 2012-07-19.
- UEFA (26 February 2013). "UEFA launches #PlayAnywhere campaign".
- Media related to Henningsvær at Wikimedia Commons
- Henningsvær on VisitNorway website
- Henningsvær on Lofoten.com
- Pepsi Max Norge commercial filmed at Henningsvaer field in 2018
- Henningsvaer's youth soccer club
|This Nordland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|