Henri Ding was born in Grenoble. His most famous work is the Fontaine des trois ordres (Fountain of the three orders) on the place Notre-Dame in Grenoble. It paid tribute to Dauphiné people who brought the beginnings of the French Revolution, and was conducted to celebrate the events centennial in 1888. Ding died in Grenoble.
His main works include :
- The Statue of Liberty, also named Marianne, à Vizille
- The Monument to Xavier Jouvin, in Grenoble
- Several sculptures in the church of Le Périer
- More than ten funerary monuments in the Saint Roch Cemetery, in Grenoble
Bust of Jean Achard
- Henri Ding's Légion d'honneur file, Base Leonore.
- Notre Dame monument architecture ancienne Grenoble Isère Fontaine des trois ordres place Isere-annuaire.com Retrieved 20 June 2009
- Ville-grenoble.fr[permanent dead link]