Political career in Switzerland
When Druey returned to Switzerland, aged 29, he was chosen to sit on the Canton of Vaud's Great Council. Two years later he became a member of the State Council.
Druey was elected to the Swiss Federal Council on 16 November 1848 as one of the seven initial members. During his time in office he held the following departments:
- Department of Justice and Police (1848–1849)
- Political Department (1850) as President of the Confederation
- Department of Finance (1851)
- Department of Justice and Police (1852)
- Department of Finance (1853–1855)
and was President of the Confederation in 1850.
Druey died in office on 29 March 1855.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Henri Druey.|
- André Lasserre: Henri Druey in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland, 2004-09-15.
- Profile of Henri Druey with election results on the website of the Swiss Federal Council.
n/a one of the first seven
| Member of the Swiss Federal Council
| President of the Swiss Confederation
|This article about a Swiss politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|