|Former President of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)|
April 2013 – October 2015
6 October 1954 |
Henri Malosse (born 6 October 1954 in Montpellier, France) is a French representative of the business world and the 30th President of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) (April 2013 - October 2015).
Henri Malosse was born on 6 October 1954 to Corsican parents. At 16, he began exploring the cultures of Eastern Europe and speaks Polish, Russian and German. Malosse graduated from the Paris Institute of Political Science(Sciences Po) in 1976.
He was involved in European policies for SMEs, inspiring the creation of the Euro Info Centres. He worked to create the delegation of the Assembly of French Chambers of Commerce and Industry to the European Union, and assumed its presidency six years later. He also created the European Association of Small and Medium Enterprises in the European Parliament.
From 1995 he worked in the European Economic and Social Committee - EESC, a consultative body of the European Union, of which he was elected president in April 2013, Rudy Aernoudt becoming his director of cabinet.
On 31 March 2014, during the visit of Xi Jinping in Brussels, he participated in a march for human rights in China. He visited 14th Dalai Lama in Dharamsala on 10 March 2014, following which the MEPs Marine Le Pen and Philip Claeys requested the deletion of the EESC in a draft resolution.
- (with Laure Limousin) Building Europe: The History and Future of a Europe of the People /Construction européenne-Histoires et avenir d’une Europe des peuples/ ed L’harmattan, 2012, (ISBN 9782296961074)
- (with Bruno Vever) We must save the European citizen! - A "C plan" to a citizens' Europe /Il faut sauver le citoyen européen ! - Un "plan C" pour rendre l'Europe aux citoyens/, Editions Bruylant, 2010, (ISBN 9782802728146)
- (with Pascal Fontaine) Europe from A to Z /L'Europe de A à Z/, Editions Bruylant, 2006, (ISBN 2802723227)
- (with Bernard Huchet) Unifying the Greater Europe /Unifier la Grande Europe/, preface by Jean-Pierre Raffarin, postscipt by Jacques Santer, Editions Bruylant, 2001, (ISBN 2802715291)
- Europe at your doorstep: a guide to EU funding mechanisms /L'Europe à votre porte : les instruments de financement et de cooperation/, Paris : Centre français du commerce extérieur, 1991, (ISBN 2279618095)
- (with Pascal Fontaine) The European Institutions /Les institutions européennes/, Retz, 1992, (ISBN 2725614961)
- (with Édith Cresson), Europe at your doorstep: practical manual on the actions of the EEC concerning economic operators /L'Europe à votre porte : manuel pratique sur les actions de la CEE intéressant les opérateurs économiques, Paris: Centre français du commerce extérieur, 1989, (ISBN 227964004X)
- "Henri Malosse". Conference-europa.eu. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Rencontre avec Henri Malosse | Actualités | Actualités et agenda". Lecese.fr. 2013-05-24. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "EESC - The President".
- "Rudy Aernoudt de retour dans de hautes fonctions à l'Europe". RTBF. 2013-03-23. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Visite du président chinois en Belgique : des opposants se rasent la tête". Belga, lavenir.net. 2014-03-31. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "President Malosse calls for a dialogue between China and Tibet and human rights ahead of pandas!". 2014-03-31.
- "Are MEPs Le Pen and Claeys afraid of the EESC?". 2014-03-24.
- "Décret du 18 avril 2014 portant promotion et nomination". Legifrance. 2014-10-24.