Henrich R. Greve
|Henrich R. Greve|
|Alma mater||Stanford University (Ph.D., 1994)|
|Known for||Heterogenous diffusion, Performance feedback|
|Awards||Fellow, Academy of Management Association (2012)|
|Fields||Organizational theory, Strategy|
|Institutions||INSEAD (2005– )|
|Doctoral advisor||James G. March|
Henrich R. Greve (born January 1, 1966) is a Norwegian organizational theorist, and Professor of Entrepreneurship at INSEAD, and Chair in Organization and Management Theory. He is the editor of the Administrative Science Quarterly.
Born in Stavanger, Norway, Greve received his siv.øk. degre (B.A. in economics and business) from the Norwegian School of Economics in 1989. He continued to study in the United States at Stanford University, where in 1993 he received his MA in sociology. The next year in 1994 he also received his PhD with a thesis entitled Patterns of Competition: The Diffusion of Adoption and Abandonment of Radio Broadcasting Strategies under supervision of James G. March.
Greve started his academic career at the University of Tsukuba in Japan in 1995 as assistant professor in the Institute of Policy and Planning Science, where in 1998 he became associate professor. In 2002 he moved back to Norway, where he was appointed as professor at the Norwegian School of Management. In 2007 he moved to INSEAD, where he became professor of entrepreneurship and chair in organization and management theory.
Greve's research interests are in the field of causes and consequences of strategic change in organizations, but he also studies organizational innovations, organizational founding and growth in young industries, and organizational network.
Greve has authored and co-authored numerous publications in his field of expertise. Books:
- Greve, Henrich R. Organizational learning from performance feedback: A behavioral perspective on innovation and change. Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- Greve, Henrich R., Tim Rowley, and Andrew Shipilov. Network Advantage: How to Unlock Value from your Alliances and Partnerships. Jossey-Bass.
Articles, a selection:
- Barnett, William P., Henrich R. Greve, and Douglas Y. Park. "An evolutionary model of organizational performance." Strategic Management Journal 15.S1 (1994): 11-28.
- Greve, Henrich R. "Performance, Aspirations and Risky Organizational Change." Administrative Science Quarterly. 43(March) (1998): 58-86.
- Davis, Gerald F., and Henrich R. Greve. "Corporate elite networks and governance changes in the 1980s." American Journal of Sociology 103.1 (1997): 1-37.
- Greve, Henrich R. "A behavioral theory of R&D expenditures and innovations: Evidence from shipbuilding." Academy of Management Journal 46.6 (2003): 685-702.
- Brass, D. J., Galaskiewicz, J., Greve, H. R., & Tsai, W. (2004). "Taking stock of networks and organizations: A multilevel perspective". Academy of management journal, 47(6), 795-817.
- "Curricula Vitae" (PDF). INSEAD. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Henrich Greve, Vita at INSEAD. Accessed November 2013.
- Henrich Greve homepage at INSEAD. Accessed November 2013.
- Henrich R Greve: Professor of Entrepreneurship, INSEAD. Google Scholar profile.
- http://www.insead.edu/facultyresearch/faculty/profiles/hgreve/ Vita Page at INSEAD
- http://henrichgreve.com/ Personal Homepage