|Born||September 29, 1932|
|Died||August 8, 2004(aged 71)|
|Notable works||Konkhava de Féti|
In 1947, he went to Angola, where he acquired citizenship.
With Pepetela, he founded in Algiers the Angolan Studies Center, where they worked at writing a handbook of the history of Angola. After independence, he was committed to cultural intervention. He was a teacher in higher education, besides being a poet, fiction writer, essayist and playwright.
- National Literature Award (1981) for Konkhava de Féti.
- National Literature Award (1990) for O Clã de Novembrino
- Luanda trophy (1997)
- "Angola: Head of State Praises Deceased Henrique Abranches". 16 August 2004 – via AllAfrica.
- "Editorial Caminho - Henrique Abranches". Archived from the original on 2007-09-27.
- Plural Editores
- "Writer Henrique Abranches Dies".
|This article about an Angolan writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|