Henry B. Wheatley
Wheatley was Assistant Secretary to Royal Society of Arts, 1879-1909; founding member (1903) and President of the Samuel Pepys Club, 1903-1910; Vice-President of the Bibliographical Society, 1908-1910, and its President 1911-1913. In 1909 he was the President of the Sette of Odd Volumes, an English bibliophile dining-club.
- "Folk-Lore Terminology". Folk-Lore Journal. 2: 340–347. 1884.
- "Celebrated Birthplaces: Samuel Johnson at Lichfield". The Antiquary: 233–239. December 1884.
- "Post-Restoration Quartos of Shakespeare's Plays". The Library. Third Series. 4 (15): 237–269. July 1913.
- Of Anagrams: A Monograph Treating of Their History from the Earliest Ages to the Present Time. Williams & Norgate, 1862.
- "Round about Piccadilly and Pall Mall, or, A ramble from Haymarket to Hyde Park, 1870
- What is an Index?, 1878
- Samuel Pepys and the World He Lived In, 1880, 1st edition; online text, 5th edition, 1907 from hathitrust.org
- The Bibliographer, 1884.
- How to Form a Library, 1887
- The Dedication of Books to Patron and Friend, 1887
- How to Catalogue a Library. Published by Eliot Stock 1889.
- Remarkable bindings in the British Museum, 1889
- London Past and Present: Its History, Associations, and Traditions. John Murray, 1891.
- Reliques of Old London, George Bell & Sons, 1896. (descriptions of buildings with lithographs by Thomas Robert Way)
- How to Make an Index, 1902.
- The Story of London, [Mediæval Towns Series] 1904
- Literary Blunders, 1905
- Of the Orthographie and Congruitie of the Britain Tongue by Alexander Hume at Project Gutenberg, 1865; 2nd edition, 1870
- Editor, Books in Chains by William Blades (includes Wheatley's introduction and brief bio of Blades, whom he knew), 1892
- "The London Topographical Society: A brief account" by Stephen Marks in The London Topographical Record, 1980, pp. 1-10.
- Lee, J. D. "Wheatley, Henry Benjamin". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/38397. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-08-04. Retrieved 2012-08-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "The father of British indexing: Henry Benjamin Wheatley" by J. D. Lee
- "Wheatley, Henry Benjamin". Who's Who: 2259. 1912.
- "Review: The Story of London by Henry B. Wheatley". The Saturday Review of Politics, Literature, Science and Art. 98: 369. 17 September 1904.
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:|
Henry B. Wheatley