Henry C. Dudley
St. Paul's Cathedral
St. Peter's Episcopal Church
Henry C. Dudley (1813–1894), known also as Henry Dudley, was an English-born North American architect, known for his Gothic Revival churches. He was a founding member of the American Institute of Architects and designed a large number of churches, among them Saint Paul's Episcopal Cathedral in Syracuse, New York, built in 1884, and Trinity Church (Elmira, New York), completed in 1858.
He partnered with architect Frank Wills, whom he knew from their days working together in Exeter, England for John Hayward, and worked on a number of churches with him. After Wills' sudden death in April 1857, Dudley is believed to have completed the Episcopal Church of the Nativity (Huntsville, Alabama), which is now a National Historic Landmark. He also worked on his own and with Frederick Diaper.
- Carlheim, located north of Leesburg, Virginia on U.S. 15, NRHP-listed
- Church of the Holy Trinity and Rectory, 381 Main St. and 144 Broad St., Middletown, Connecticut, NRHP-listed
- Episcopal Church of the Nativity, 212 Eustis St., Huntsville, Alabama, NRHP-listed
- Grace Church (Episcopal,) 14 Boltwood Avenue, Amherst, Massachusetts
- St. George's Church, Flushing, New York, NRHP-listed
- St. James' Episcopal Church and Parish House, 2500 Jerome Ave. New York, New York, NRHP-listed
- St. John's Episcopal Church (Montgomery, Alabama), 113 Madison Ave. Montgomery, Alabama, NRHP-listed
- St. John's Episcopal Church, in the Downtown Waterbury Historic District, Waterbury, Connecticut, contributing property in an NRHP-listed historic district
- St. John's Episcopal Church and Rectory, 15 St. John's St., Monticello, New York, NRHP-listed
- St. Mark's Episcopal Church, Main St., Hoosick Falls, New York, NRHP-listed
- St. Paul's Cathedral and Parish House, 310 Montgomery St., Syracuse, New York, NRHP-listed
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church Complex, 169 Genesee St., Auburn, New York, NRHP-listed
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church (Niagara Falls, New York)
- Trinity Episcopal Church, 1900 Dauphin St., Mobile, Alabama, NRHP-listed
- Trinity Church (Elmira, New York), 304 N. Main St., Elmira, New York, NRHP-listed
- Trinity Church Lansingburgh, 585 Fourth Ave., Troy, New York, NRHP-listed
- Trinity Episcopal Church Complex, 335 Fourth Ave., Mount Vernon, New York, NRHP-listed
- Trinity Episcopal Church, contributing property in what is now the NRHP-listed Tariffville Historic District, in Tariffville, Connecticut.:18
- one or more buildings in NRHP-listed West Main Street-West James Street Historic District, in Richfield Springs, New York
- Christ Episcopal Church, in Red Wing, Minnesota, named by the National Trust for Historic Preservation to its 2008 distinctive destinations list.
Two churches believed to be the work of Wills and Dudley will likely have had increased involvement by Dudley, due to their completion after Will's death:
- Church of the Nativity (Union, South Carolina), 1856–59
- Trinity Church (Natchitoches, Louisiana), 1857–1860
- "Architects and master builders". "The New Jersey Churchscape". Retrieved 2008-03-04.
- R. Gamble; Harvie Jones; Frances Roberts (July 21, 1989), National Landmark Nomination: Episcopal Church of the Nativity (pdf), National Park Service and Accompanying 7 photos, exterior and interior, from 1989. (1.59 MB)
- "History of The American Institute of Architects". "American Institute of Architects". Retrieved 2008-03-04.
- Robert T. Englert (December 2006). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination:Trinity Church (Elmira, New York)". Retrieved 2008-09-21. and Accompanying 3 photos, from 2006
- Architecture of the Old South: Greek Revival & Romantic Volume 2 of Architecture of the Old South, Van Jones Martin. ISBN 0-88322-034-2, ISBN 978-0-88322-034-4
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- wakeupniagara weekly
- David F. Ransom (August 30, 1982). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Tariffville Historic District". National Park Service. and Accompanying 15 photos, exterior and interior, from 1992 (captions on pages 21-22 of text document)
- Media related to Henry C. Dudley at Wikimedia Commons
- Henry C Dudley papers in process. Held by the Department of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library, Columbia University.