Henry C. Wolf Law Library
|Website||Wolf Law Library|
The Wolf Law Library is located at the College of William & Mary's School of Law in Williamsburg, Virginia, United States. It contains a 380,000 volume collection and is a member of the Consortium of Southeastern Law Libraries.
In 2008, The Princeton Review rated William & Mary's collective library system as the eighth best in the country and number one in the state of Virginia for a university system. The ranking was based on a survey of 120,000 students from 368 campuses nationwide.
"The mission of the Wolf Law Library is to provide access to law and law-related resources and a wide range of services to support law school curriculum and programs, promote the advancement of legal scholarship, and fulfill the information needs of library users."
By the end of the twentieth century, the William & Mary Law Library was cramped and in need of overall renovation. With a strong budget, professional staff, and large collection, a $16.8-million renovation began in 2003 to address those needs. Construction between the spring of 2005 and the summer of 2006 added 22,000 square feet (2,000 m2) of space to the library.
On November 10, 2006, the library was renamed the Henry C. Wolf Law Library to honor alumnus Henry C. Wolf (Bachelor of Arts, 1964; Juris Doctor, 1966). The new Law Library, which was completed in the spring of 2007, covers 58,000 square feet (5,400 m2) and houses 380,000 volumes.
- "Law Library Overview". The College of William & Mary Law School. Retrieved 2008-10-02.
- Yelich, Hope H. (2008-08-27). "Nation's 8th Best Library". The College of William & Mary. Archived from the original on 2008-09-09. Retrieved 2008-10-02.
- McEvoy, Kelly (2008-08-27). "College library system ranked 8th best by Princeton Review". The Flat Hat. Retrieved 2008-10-02.
- "Law Library Mission". Marshall-Wythe School of Law. Retrieved 2008-10-02.[dead link]
- "A Concise History of the William & Mary Law Library". Law Librarianship: Historical Perspectives. Fred B. Rothman & Co. 1996. Retrieved 2008-10-02.