Henry Clay Vedder (February 26, 1853 – October 13, 1935) was an American Baptist church historian.
He was born in De Ruyter, New York.
He graduated at the University of Rochester in 1873 and at Rochester Theological Seminary in 1876. He was an editor at the Examiner from 1876 to 1894, after which he became professor of Church history in Crozer Theological Seminary in Upland, Pennsylvania. After his retirement from the Crozer Theological Seminary, Vedder joined the editorial staff of the Chester Times newspaper in Chester, Pennsylvania.
Vedder is interred at the Chester Rural Cemetery in Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Baptists and Liberty of Conscience (1883)
- Historical Leaflets, Issues 1-9, Crozer theological seminary, Chester, Pa, (1901)
- A Short History of the Baptists (1891, revised edition 1897, new edition, 1907)
- The Higher Criticism (1892)
- American Writers of To-Day (1894, new edition, 1910)
- A History of the Baptists of the Middle States (1898)
- Balthasar Hübmaier: the Leader of the Anabaptists (1905)
- Christian Epoch Makers (1908)
- Church History Handbooks, The Griffith & Rowland Press, (four volumes, 1909)
- Socialism and the Ethics of Jesus (1912) Archive.org
- The Reformation of Germany (1913)
- The Gospel of Jesus and the Problems of Democracy (1914)
- The Reformation in Germany, Macmillon Company, (1914)
- "The Story of the Churches - The Baptists", The Baker & Taylor Co., (1902)