|Birth name||Henry Salusbury Legh Dalzell Payne|
|Years of service||1949-1981|
6th Armoured Brigade|
3rd Armoured Division
|Awards||Commander of the Order of the British Empire|
Dalzell Payne was commissioned into the 7th Queen's Own Hussars in 1949. In the early 1970s he was Head of MO4 (the section dealing with Northern Ireland at the Ministry of Defence). He was appointed Commander of 6th Armoured Brigade in 1973, Chief of Staff at I Corps in 1976 and General Officer Commanding 3rd Armoured Division in 1978 before retiring in 1981.
He was married to Serena Helen Gourlay.
- Dalzell Payne
- "No. 38829". The London Gazette (Supplement). 3 February 1950. p. 586.
- Report of the Saville Inquiry Volume 1
- Army Commands Archived 2015-07-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- "No. 48796". The London Gazette (Supplement). 16 November 1981. p. 14591.
- Army did not consider killing marchers BBC News, 15 August 2002
- Announcements Daily Telegraph, 7 October 2005
| General Officer Commanding the 3rd Armoured Division