Domercant while playing with Spartak Saint Petersburg
|Windy City Bulls|
|League||NBA G League|
|Born||December 30, 1980|
|Nationality||American / Bosnian-Herzegovinian|
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school||Naperville North|
|College||Eastern Illinois (1999–2003)|
|NBA draft||2003 / Undrafted|
|2010–2011||Spartak Saint Petersburg|
|2012–2014||Galatasaray Liv Hospital|
|2017–2018||Maine Red Claws (assistant)|
|2018–present||Windy City Bulls (assistant)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Henry Domercant (born December 30, 1980) is American and Bosnian-Herzegovinian professional basketball coach and former player. He is currently an assistant coach for the Windy City Bulls of the NBA G League. He played college basketball for Eastern Illinois, and was an All-EuroLeague Second Team selection in 2012.
Domercant attended Eastern Illinois, being second in NCAA Division I scoring both in the 2001–02 season averaging 26.4 points as a junior, and again as a senior in 2002–03 with an average of 27.9 per game. He finished with EIU and Ohio Valley Conference records of 2,602 career points in his four college seasons.
Domercant was selected in the 2003 Continental Basketball Association (CBA) draft by the Yakima Sun Kings. However, he decided to begin his professional career in Turkey for the 2003–04 season with Pınar Karşıyaka. He moved to Efes Pilsen in 2004 and played two seasons for the club. He departed Turkey following the 2005–06 season and moved to Greece, signing with Olympiacos Piraeus. For the 2007–08 season, he joined Dynamo Moscow.
Between 2008 and 2010, Domercant played in Italy for Montepaschi Siena, winning all three competitions both seasons with the club: Italian Supercup, Italian Cup, and the Italian league championship. For the 2010–11 season, he moved back to Russia where he played for Spartak Saint Petersburg, and then for the 2011–12 season, he continued in Russia playing for UNICS Kazan.
On August 21, 2012, Domercant signed with Galatasaray Liv Hospital. However, in late November, he was ruled out for six months with a knee injury; he appeared in just one game. He returned to Galatasaray for the 2013–14 season, averaging 7.1 points and 1.3 rebounds in 19 league games. He also averaged 4.7 points and 1.2 rebounds in 27 EuroLeague games.
On January 17, 2015, Domercant signed with Juvecaserta Basket of the Italian Lega Basket Serie A. In 12 games for Juvecaserta to finish the 2014–15 season, he averaged 10.9 points and 2.9 rebounds per game.
On February 12, 2016, Domercant was acquired by the Idaho Stampede of the NBA Development League. On February 19, he made his debut for the Stampede in a 99–96 loss to the Grand Rapids Drive, recording three points and one rebound in 11 minutes.
On August 4, 2017, Domercant signed with Romanian club U BT Cluj-Napoca. On August 24, 2017, he parted ways with U BT Cluj-Napoca before appearing in a game for them. Domercant left the team with a foot injury.
National team career
In 2005, Domercant began representing the senior Bosnia and Herzegovina national team. He played with Bosnia and Herzegovina at two major FIBA championships, the EuroBasket 2005 and the EuroBasket 2011.
On October 23, 2017, it was reported that Domercant was hired as an assistant coach by the Maine Red Claws, the Boston Celtics' development-league team in the NBA G League. In 2018, he was then hired as an assistant coach for Windy City Bulls.
EuroLeague career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
|Led the league|
- Nielsen, Brian (July 2, 2012). "Eastern Illinois alum Henry Domercant exploring his future basketball options". jg-tc.com. Retrieved February 12, 2016.
- "Galatasaray officially lands Henry Domercant". Sportando.com. August 21, 2012. Retrieved February 12, 2016.
- "Galatasaray Henry Domercant will undergo surgery, out six months". Sportando.com. November 29, 2012. Retrieved February 12, 2016.
- "Pasta Reggia Caserta announces Henry Domercant". Sportando.com. January 17, 2015. Retrieved February 12, 2016.
- "Stampede Acquire Henry Domercant". OurSportsCentral.com. February 12, 2016. Retrieved February 12, 2016.
- "Ebanks Scores 32 And Drive Holds Off Stampede". NBA.com. February 19, 2016. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- "Henry Domercant la U-Banca Transilvania!". u-bt.ro (in Romanian). August 7, 2017. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- "Henry Domercant, U-Banca Transilvania part ways". Sportando.com. August 24, 2017. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- "There's a lot that's new as Maine Red Claws open training camp". Portland Press Herald. October 23, 2017. Retrieved November 18, 2017.