Henry Frederick Beaumont
Beaumont was the son of Henry Ralph Beaumont, son of Thomas Beaumont. His mother was Katherine, daughter of Sir George Cayley, 6th Baronet, while Wentworth Beaumont, 1st Baron Allendale, was his first cousin. His father died when he was one year old and in 1845 his mother married as her second husband James Anlaby Legard. Beaumont was educated at Eton and Trinity College, Cambridge. He sat as Member of Parliament for the West Riding of Yorkshire South from 1865 to 1874 and for Colne Valley from 1885 to 1892. He became a Liberal Unionist in 1886. He was also an Honorary Colonel in the 2nd Volunteer Battalion of the West Riding Division and a vice patron of the Yorkshire Archaeological Society. He inherited the Whitley Beaumont estate from his godfather Richard Henry Beaumont.
Beaumont married Maria Johanna, daughter of William Garthorpe, in 1857. They had two sons and eight daughters. He died in October 1913, aged 80. His wife died in July 1925.
- "Beaumont, Henry Frederick (BMNT851HF)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs [self-published source][better source needed]
- Lundy, Darryl. "FAQ". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- Article at www.historytoherstory.org.uk
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Henry Frederick Beaumont
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|New constituency||Member of Parliament
for the West Riding of Yorkshire South
With: Viscount Milton 1865–1872
Walter Spencer-Stanhope 1872–1874
Lewis Randle Starkey
|New constituency||Member of Parliament for Colne Valley
Sir James Kitson, Bt