Henry Gilbert (1868–1936) was a popular children author, and the paternal grandfather of Molly Holden. His books continue to be reprinted as late as 2009, nearly 100 years after their original publication. His books are noted for both their historical accuracy and their story telling style.
- Robin Hood and the Men of the Greenwood (1912) The first significant new version on the classic Robin Hood theme, also republished as Robin Hood.
- King Arthur's knights: the tales retold for boys and girls (Stokes, 1911) 
- The Book of Pirates (T, Y. Crowell & Co.) 
- Pirates: True Tales of Notorious Buccaneers 
- The conquerors of Peru: Retold from Prescott's "Conquest of Peru" 
- The conquerors of Mexico: Retold from Prescott's "Conquest of Mexico" 
- Holden, Molly (1986). Selected poems; Poetry Signatures Series. University of Michigan: Carcanet. p. 117. ISBN 0856356964.
- Gilbert, Henry (2008). Robin Williams. Wildside Press LLC. ISBN 1-4344-0551-6.
- Gilbert, Henry (2008). Pirates: True Tales of Notorious Buccaneers. Dover Publications. ISBN 0-486-46148-3.
- Briggs, Butts, & Grenby; Julia Briggs; Dennis Butts; Matthew Orville Grenby (2008). Popular children's literature in Britain. Ashgate Publishing. p. 62. ISBN 1-84014-242-1.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Gilbert, Henry (1911). King Arthur's knights: the tales retold for boys and girls. New York Public Library: Stokes.
- Boys' Life, 6, 6, Boy Scouts of America, Inc, October, p. 38, ISSN 0006-8608, retrieved 3 April 2011 Check date values in:
|date=, |year= / |date= mismatch(help)
- Van Loon, Hendrik Willem (1921). The story of mankind. University of Virginia: Boni and Liveright. p. 474.
- Works by Henry Gilbert at Project Gutenberg
- Works by Henry Gilbert at Faded Page (Canada)
- Works by or about Henry Gilbert at Internet Archive
- Works by Henry Gilbert at LibriVox (public domain audiobooks)
- Full text for The Conquerors of Peru, George G. Harrap & Company, 1913.
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|