Hopper at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival
|Born||Henry Lee Hopper
September 11, 1990
Los Angeles, California
|Parent(s)||Dennis Hopper (father)
Katherine LaNasa (mother)
|Relatives||French Stewart (ex–stepfather)
Grant Show (current stepfather)
Family and personal life
Hopper was born as Henry Lee Hopper on September 11, 1990, in Los Angeles, California. His mother, Katherine LaNasa, was the fourth wife of his late father Dennis Hopper (May 17, 1936 – May 29, 2010). Hopper has three half sisters: Marin Hopper (born 1962), the daughter of Dennis Hopper and Brooke Hayward; Ruthanna Hopper (born circa 1974), the daughter of Dennis Hopper and Daria Halprin; and Galen Grier Hopper (born 2003), the daughter of Dennis Hopper and Victoria Duffy. His mother Katherine LaNasa married comedic actor French Stewart on May 19, 1998. They divorced in December 2009, without children. Hopper is also the uncle to Marin Hopper's daughter Violet Goldstone and Ruthanna Hopper's daughter Ella Brill.
Aged fourteen, Hopper started taking weekend acting classes at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute. He later studied painting and sculpture at the California Institute of the Arts, but dropped it at the age of eighteen and went to Berlin, Germany, where he was living in an artist's collective. Hopper currently resides in Venice, California.
Hopper made his acting debut in 1996 film Kiss & Tell by Jordan Alan, starring Richmond Arquette, Lewis Arquette, Peter Greene and Jill Hennessy. He portrayed three different small characters. Hopper did not act again until 2011, when he was cast as one of the lead stars of Restless by Gus Van Sant, opposite Mia Wasikowska and Ryo Kase. The film was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival, and was released on September 16, 2011 in the United States.
|1996||Kiss & Tell||Henry / Quinn / Molly's Son||Credited as Henry Lee Hopper|
|2012||Tar||C. K. Williams|
|2012||Kurt||Kurt Cobain||Short film|
- "Dennis Hopper, Cancer-Stricken, Rallies for Walk of Fame Star". Who2.com. March 27, 2010. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Martin, Michael (February 2010). "Henry Hopper". Interview. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- Waxman, Sharon (May 14, 2011). "For Henry Hopper, Acting Was a 'Tool' in Accepting Dennis Hopper's Death". The Wrap. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Leffler, Rebecca (April 13, 2011). "Gus Van Sant's 'Restless' to Open Cannes Un Certain Regard". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Jagernauth, Kevin (April 25, 2011). "Gus Van Sant's 'Restless' Gets September 16th Release Date". indieWire. Retrieved August 29, 2011.