Pereira was born in 1845, educated at Trinity College, Dublin and ordained in 1869. He served two curacies  before becoming the first Warden of the Wilberforce Memorial Mission in South London. Hampshire incumbencies followed before a 30-year association with the Croydon area, firstly as Rural Dean and (from 1904) Suffragan Bishop.
- "Who was Who" 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- The Times, Thursday, 23 December 1869; pg. 4; Issue 26628; col E Ordinations
- at Eston and Southampton "Who's Who (ibid)
- Again Southampton; and Chilbolton "Who's Who (ibid)
- "No. 27157". The London Gazette. 26 January 1900. p. 512.
- The Times, Thursday,2 January 1926; pg. 14; Issue 38184; col A Death of the Bishop of Croydon