Henry Hurd Swinnerton (1875–1966) was a British geologist. He was professor of geology at University College Nottingham from 1910 to 1946. (Not to be confused with American geologist A.C. Swinnerton).
In the 1930s Swinnerton was a member of the Fenland Research Committee, contributing valuable knowledge of the geomorphology of the Lincolnshire coast. In 1942 he was awarded the Murchison Medal of the Geological Society of London.
- Swinnerton H.H. (1910) Nottinghamshire, Cambridge County Geographies.
- Swinnerton H.H. (1912) The palmistry of the rocks. Rep Trans Notts Nat Soc; 60: 65-68.
- Swinnerton H.H.; Trueman, A.E. (1917). The Morphology and Development of the Ammonite Septum. Quarterly Journal of the Geological Society, London 73, 26–58
- Swinnerton H.H. (1923) Outlines of Palaeontology. Third edition. London, Edward Arnold, 1958.
- Swinnerton H.H. (1935) The Rocks Below the Red Chalk of Lincolnshire, and Their Cephalopod Faunas. Quarterly Journal of the Geological Society, London 91, 1–46.
- Swinnerton H.H. (1937). A monograph of British Lower Cretaceous belemnites. Part 2. Monograph of the Palaeontological Society, 90 (for 1936): xvii-xxxii + 17-30.
- Swinnerton H.H. (1938). Presidential Address. The Problem of the Lincoln Gap. Transactions of the Lincolnshire Naturalists' Union 9, 145-153.
- Swinnerton H.H. (1941). Further observations on the Lower Cretaceous rocks of Lincolnshire. Proceedings of the Geologists’ Association 52, 198-207.
- Swinnerton H.H. (1943) Belemnites from East Greenland. Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. Ser. II 10 (66), 406–410.
- Swinnerton H.H. (1936–1955) A Monograph of British Cretaceous Belemnites. Lower Cretaceous. Palaeontographical Society, London 1-5, 1–86.
- Swinnerton H.H. & Kent P.E. (1949) The Geology of Lincolnshire (Lincolnshire Natural History Brochure No. 1.) Lincoln, Lincolnshire Naturalists' Union 1949 (2nd Ed, 1981).
- Swinnerton H.H. (1958) The Earth Beneath Us Harmondsworth: Pelican .
- Swinnerton H.H. (1960) Fossils (New Naturalist Series). London: Collins.
- ^ Smith P.J. (1994). "Grahame Clark, the Fenland Research Committee and prehistory at Cambridge" (PDF). University of Cambridge. Retrieved 2008-03-08.